Author Topic: Speaker cable suggestions - need 20'  (Read 7706 times)

Offline mdfoy

• Seeking Help
Speaker cable suggestions - need 20'
« on: August 05, 2016, 11:28:56 AM »
Guys,

With a change in system configuration, I need some suggestions for a set of 20' speaker cables. Before the change, an 8' set of Coz cables, 16 AWG upocc was in play. A really nice cable, with the upocc signature, clean and even, nice at the extremes, nice sound stage and depth.  After the change, a decision had to made, long interconnects or speaker cables, I decided on the speaker cables which need to be around 20'.

All suggestions are greatly appreciated, DIY is OK also.

Mike

« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 07:52:43 PM by mdfoy »
Where there is doubt, there is no doubt

Offline James Edward

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: Speaker cable suggestions - need 20'
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 03:00:58 PM »
I have a pair of these with the 'plus' option, each a little over 20 feet.
http://shop.mapleshadestore.com/Golden-Parallel-Speaker-Cables/productinfo/PARALLEL%2DP/
PM me if interested...
Jim
Luxman L- 590 AX MK2
Esoteric K-07X
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB
Audience Au24SE
PI Cat6
Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S
Stereo Hsu ULS-15 Mk2
Supra Classic 6.0

Offline sonicxtc

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 11:19:43 AM »
I've owned the COZ--excellent--period, especially for the price.
You didn't state a price point or other considerations.

Suggestions:

Virtue Audio = having a big cable sale. They are known to have great bang for the buck. Contact Jason. They are also on AC forum.

Blue Jeans Cable = Cheap, but good

Zenwave = Fantastic Neotech occ. You will pay more, but Dave is a good guy, offers good service and the wire does sound fantastic. Very clear, transparent and no grunge.

Oh, then there's Triode Wire Labs. I can vouch for Pete's great power cables, but I've never heard his speaker wire. And, allegedly :shock: he's a good man.

I have some military spec pure copper wire in cotton sleeving, solid core. If you are interested, then I will check the lengths. I'm sure I have at least 14 foot lengths, but it's likely I have even longer sections. This is a very rare extremely pure copper wire and an industry insider turned me onto them a few years ago.

Good luck.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 11:22:09 AM by sonicxtc »

Offline mdfoy

• Seeking Help
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 01:22:57 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Jim,

The Maplehade stuff is "interesting"...

sonictx,

Yes, the CoZ are very good. They replaced my "unreplaceable" Soundstrings and wish he was still in business. I have Dave's D2 ICs (Zenwave) and and have D3s in the plan.

I am trying to keep it < $1000.00, and closer to $500.00 the better. In the length that I need, it makes even the high quality affordable vendors like TWL and Zenwave a no go. I can DIY and a friend suggested Neotech 12AWG solidcore, I really like the UPOCC signature and it fits the budget.

I think my brother has a set of Virtue Nirvanas and will double check that. I know he REALLY likes his speaker cables, and the cost would be manageable  :-k

TWL power cords are the only cords allowed in the house 8)

Mike
Where there is doubt, there is no doubt