Author Topic: Whining Noise  (Read 2932 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Whining Noise
« on: April 19, 2016, 07:45:50 AM »
   Really ??? went into audio room this morning. Amps were on, BSG QOL on, DAC on, Transport on, preamp off.
     I;m hearing a whining noise in both channels for the first time. WTF ??? Never had this noise until this morning.
  Yes I spelled whining wrong on subject. Richidoo please fix that.

charles

Edit (richidoo:) Ay-aye capitan!  :thumb:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 10:45:50 AM by richidoo »
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: Whining Noise
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 11:03:25 AM »
Tube preamp off while the amps are on seems naughty to me...  :)  I've seen several speakers blown up over the years doing that. Small static charge on the preamp's output caps, etc.

Tube inputs on the class D amps, right? Are those tube inputs stable with no input connected?

Next time it happens try turning on the preamp and see what happens. But if it pops and blows up your speakers it's not my fault.  ;)   :(

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 02:44:35 PM »
I hate whiners, be they people, gears audio components or me.

If it persists after everything is powered down for at least 20 minutes and then powered up again, ya' gotta do the eliminate one component at a time gig until you find the culprit.

Sometimes that kind of noise can be a byproducts of RFI/EMI that is transitory in nature due to some weirdness on the grid.  I experienced the same kind of things many years ago when my neighbor plugged in a power generator to test running his home and did not disconnect it from the local grid.  That was one weird noise.

"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 05:21:50 PM »
  It just went away all by itself after I yelled at it. Richidoo the Arions have a switch to turn off the input and keep power supply on. That it is designed and used.
   These amps are hard to blow up by accident I shorted the speaker outputs and not one issue.

charles

contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 07:04:47 PM »
I love it when I magically fixes itself!

Digital be weird people!?,!
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe