Author Topic: Selling System NY Area  (Read 3705 times)

Offline Chayro

Selling System NY Area
« on: March 27, 2016, 05:21:14 PM »
To keep this brief, I've had the pleasure of meeting Topround and he was kind enough to invite me to one of your gatherings a few years back.  My wife passed about a year and a half ago and I've lost my interest in audio, among other things and I am selling my system. I had hoped my interest would return, but it has not come to pass.  In any case, I have a wonderful system, consisting of the Trenner & Friedl Pharoahs, Viva Solistina, Basis 2001 with Calibrator Base and Transfiguration Orpheus, Linn Linto phono preamp and EAR Acute CD player.  I would prefer to sell local to avoid shipping.  Come, listen and decide for yourself.  Buy or don't, you are welcome to come for a demo and a coffee.  For your reference, I live in the JFK area.  No problem parking or anything like that.  Email me if you have any interest in dropping by.  Everything is in excellent condition with custom covers and all original boxes.  More details on request.  Be well, all of you.  Here's a link to my system.https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/3106

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Selling System NY Area
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 05:53:01 AM »
Your system posting says you have Opera Callas monitors, is that true? I absolutely love the sound those produce. One of my favorite monitors.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline hogg

• Certifiable
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 08:30:14 AM »
Very sorry to learn this news.  Maybe you should give yourself a little more time to recover.  You have a wonderful system.  All  my best.

Jim
Strong as an Ox and twice as smart

Offline jbtrio

• Certifiable
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 09:01:29 AM »
Chayro you have a really fine system. Maybe Jim's right, you should give yourself some more time before you sell off your equipment. You might enjoy it once again.

Sorry for your loss!

Joe
VPI classic3,3d arm, Lyra Kleos SL,K&K maxxed-out phonostage,Quadratic MC-1 SUT,Mola Mola Tambaqui Dac, Jay's Audio CDT-2 Mk.3transport,Supratek Sauvignon preamp,Frankenstein 300b mk.2 amps,FW SIT-3 amp, Purepower 1500+,Horning Eufrodite Ellipse speakers

Offline Barry (NJ)

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 09:08:43 AM »
Looks like a lovely system, all the best to you!
Happiness is when your system overcomes your nervosa ;) 
So much media, so little time... My Media Room...

Offline Chayro

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 04:19:09 PM »
BOBM, yes the Callas Monitors were great speakers and I had them for 6 years. I had to spend nearly 4x the price to better them.  I appreciate all the good advice about waiting, but I've waited a year and a half and I find my interest virtually nil.  I did think my interest would return, which is why I didn't do anything for well over a year. 

In any case, thank you all and feel free to drop by, even if you have no intention of buying anything.  We can listen to some great music and chat.  Fine with me.