Author Topic: Issue ripping to FLAC with EAC on Win10 box  (Read 6163 times)

djdube525

Issue ripping to FLAC with EAC on Win10 box
« on: January 01, 2016, 03:41:18 PM »
It's been a while since I've ripped a CD... since I last ripped a CD, I upgraded my machine from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

When attempting to rip to FLAC, I've selected to use the external encoder, and pointed it to the flac.exe file (no changes)... when ripping, EAC creates the wav file, and that's it... no compression (I've double and triple checked to ensure I was selecting the compression option).

To test my sanity, I switched to using the LAME encoder to create mp3s, and when doing that, you can see the external encoder launches and converts with no issue.

Something screwy going on with the FLAC encoder. Has anyone run into issues with EAC, ripping to FLAC?

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
Re: Issue ripping to FLAC with EAC on Win10 box
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 04:28:21 PM »
Check to see if .NET 3.5 capability is enabled in Win10 after the upgrade.  Not sure if they automatically start that after with upgrade from Win7.   

It is needed by EAC to even use the FreeDB functions as well.

djdube525

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 04:38:25 PM »

Thanks Rich... I'll check that.

I did notice the default for EAC seemed to have changed... at least I had to go in and manually point to freedb which I thought was odd, but apparently something that had changed a while back.

I'm assuming I'm ok since freedb was able to get the CD info, but can't hurt to double check.

-Dave

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 01:37:49 PM »
Check to see if .NET 3.5 capability is enabled in Win10 after the upgrade.  Not sure if they automatically start that after with upgrade from Win7.   

Computerman to the rescue.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

djdube525

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 05:00:37 PM »
I actually found the error of my ways... which was me.  :duh

I was missing the additional command line options that are clearly spelled out at the site below. Somehow I managed to totally skip right over it.

http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=EAC_and_FLAC

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 05:11:34 PM »
Dave,
Glad you found it!