Author Topic: PS Audio NuWave DAC  (Read 9762 times)

Offline mfsoa

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: PS Audio NuWave DAC
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2016, 02:06:01 PM »
Charles, do you recall if the Bifrost had the Multibit upgrade? Thanks

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2016, 07:51:53 AM »
  No I do not.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2016, 10:52:15 PM »
Reading around, is seems like the Schiit dacs are the current flavor of the month. Yggy is supposed to be fab.

I've never heard one but am curious to know if anyone has heard a dac at the equivalent price range that bettered a corresponding Schiit dac head-to-head.

-Mike

I've had several of my customers and friends tell me that The Yggdrasil is "the Schitt", pun intended. One of them has the latest full bomber PS Audio Direct Stream DAC and says the Yggdrasil "gives it a run the the money" in SQ.

I really, really want to hear it.  I'm not a "detail", hi-rez, latest digital whatever guy.  All I expect is for a DAC to make music, move me and make me tap my foot.  There are so many iterations of "good" out there in audio land that are over achievers.  I like those. Make me cry 😢
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline mresseguie

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2016, 05:02:08 AM »
Hi, guys.

It just so happens that I have been spending a fair bit of time looking into DACs recently. However, I have not checked the PS Audio NuWave DAC yet, but I shall.

I'm mighty interested in the Schiit Gungnir Multibit, the Nuprime DAC-10, and the Gustard X20.

BTW Dave, so long as nothing derails our plans, Melody and I will be in Albuquerque in May. We may be there for up to one month. I fully expect to be in possession of a new already burned in DAC. I thought you might find this interesting.

Thanks for this thread.

Michael

Daedalus Audio Apollos; Fritz Loudspeakers LS/5-R
SW1X NOS DAC III BAL/SPL; Holo Spring3 KTE
Don Sachs Model 2 preamp
Don Sachs dual mono 300b; Nuprime Evolution STA
Hapa loom
PI Audio UberBUSS, DigiBUSS, Uber-MiniBUS