Author Topic: PIAUDIO DIGIBUSS  (Read 62523 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: PIAUDIO DIGIBUSS
« Reply #90 on: February 06, 2017, 11:40:40 AM »
  To my surprise plugging the wal wart of my Vista phono stage in the Digibuss is a VG thing. Plugged the TT motor speed controller as well. Excellent results. BTW the Digibuss is plugged into an Uber. I use two Ubers. One for analog[ Pre, amps] and one for DAC, transport and now phono and TT.
  TRY IT !!!

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #91 on: February 06, 2017, 01:12:03 PM »
  To my surprise plugging the wal wart of my Vista phono stage in the Digibuss is a VG thing. Plugged the TT motor speed controller as well. Excellent results. BTW the Digibuss is plugged into an Uber. I use two Ubers. One for analog[ Pre, amps] and one for DAC, transport and now phono and TT.
  TRY IT !!!

charles
Charles,  one of my heavy revvies in audio is just how important to SQ the power supplies for turntables is, especially when dealing with SMPS.  Yours is a wall wart that is a champ at creating noise and pumping in back into the AC.

If you have a Digi and an Uber the correct configuration is plugging the Digi into the Uber, not the other way around, just like you have learned.

Enjoy!
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline malloy

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • no grave concern for repercussion
« Reply #92 on: July 21, 2017, 10:12:09 PM »
I've been burning in the Digibuss for the past 2 months and I feel that it has finally settled in.

I’ve been in this audio hobby since the mid 90’s and I used to have a cd-based system which (from memory) sounded much better at rendering vocals. After being forced to downsize, I now only have a computer/headphone system. But no matter what I did –a new headphone, a new amp, new USB cables, a new DAC- I never liked the sound coming from the computer system. There was always something wrong with the sound, whether it was the thin, bleached-out midrange, a lack of dimensionality, or a certain ‘digital harshness’ to the sound that made everything sound unnatural and cold.

Sure, I got minor upgrades in sound by changing out power cords, interconnects, and USB cables, but these were minor improvements. The biggest improvement was when I got a medical isolation transformer to power the system. Alas and alack, improved silence came at the expense of dynamics and a softening of the sound. Transients were slower and robbed the sound of ‘jump’ factor. This got me to thinking.

I’ve always been suspicious of the electricity feeding my gear and since it is a computer-based system and having read how digital nasties can pollute the sound, I’ve been looking for a solution to get better sound. Unfortunately for me, not having the budget to afford the higher priced power treatment  such as  (insert your favourite power conditioner brand) meant I could not get the best our of the system.

Months of research looking for a cost-effective solution thankfully led me to PI Audio. A short email conversation with Dave convinced me to pull the trigger on a Digibusss and I am glad I did.

I do not consider the Digibuss an accessory. Without it, I cannot enjoy listening to music through the computer.

It is like a component upgrade, similar to getting a better dac or headphone amp with the level of detail and sound improvement I now get.

Users of the PI Audio power products are familiar with these improvements. Among them:

• Revelation of more details in recorded music;
  • Better ‘naturalness’ in sound of even my worst sounding digital music;
  • More silence or contrast between the notes and sounds, making it easier to hear things previously buried in the mix and unheard;
  • And most importantly for me - a clearer, cleaner and more organic sound, especially with vocals

My only regret is only finding out about Dave’s products now and not getting it sooner!  :duh

Offline dBe

« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2017, 10:33:30 PM »
I've been burning in the Digibuss for the past 2 months and I feel that it has finally settled in.

I do not consider the Digibuss an accessory. Without it, I cannot enjoy listening to music through the computer.

It is like a component upgrade, similar to getting a better dac or headphone amp with the level of detail and sound improvement I now get.

Users of the PI Audio power products are familiar with these improvements. Among them:

• More silence or contrast between the notes and sounds, making it easier to hear things previously buried in the mix and unheard;
  • And most importantly for me - a clearer, cleaner and more organic sound, especially with vocals

My only regret is only finding out about Dave’s products now and not getting it sooner!  :duh
Wow!  What a great boost to my egotistical desire to provide great products at a (more than) fair price.

Great audio does not require a ton of $$$ to have a tremendously satisfying -
read that as musical and satisfying - system.

I've always been on a budget, more so as I get older. Snob appeal is one thing, but appreciation is another.  Our obsession is about the "music" after all.

Thank you for a wonderful review.  It is greatly appreciated and makes me smile  :thumb:

Like I say: great reproduction is not about the notes.  Notes are easy.  Even MP3 gets the notes mostly right.  It is about the little things that are reproduced and live in the space between the notes.  Intimacy be one... Performances that bring us to tears with beauty is the BIG one

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #94 on: July 24, 2017, 10:44:22 AM »
  Certainly deserved. Now add some TWL Digital american power cords and be even happier.  A combo made in heaven.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #95 on: July 24, 2017, 11:28:38 AM »
  Certainly deserved. Now add some TWL Digital american power cords and be even happier.  A combo made in heaven.

charles
I heard that.  Thank you.

Pete's cables just rock.  I gave up making power cables, with the exception of somer niche market cables like the MPC/Mini++, because his cables work great in more applications.  Add to that the fact that Pete is one of the finest people I have ever known and we make a GREAT pair to draw to.   :thumb:
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #96 on: July 24, 2017, 11:42:42 AM »

I’ve been in this audio hobby since the mid 90’s and I used to have a cd-based system which (from memory) sounded much better at rendering vocals. After being forced to downsize, I now only have a computer/headphone system. But no matter what I did –a new headphone, a new amp, new USB cables, a new DAC- I never liked the sound coming from the computer system. There was always something wrong with the sound, whether it was the thin, bleached-out midrange, a lack of dimensionality, or a certain ‘digital harshness’ to the sound that made everything sound unnatural and cold.

Sure, I got minor upgrades in sound by changing out power cords, interconnects, and USB cables, but these were minor improvements. The biggest improvement was when I got a medical isolation transformer to power the system. Alas and alack, improved silence came at the expense of dynamics and a softening of the sound. Transients were slower and robbed the sound of ‘jump’ factor. This got me to thinking.

I’ve always been suspicious of the electricity feeding my gear and since it is a computer-based system and having read how digital nasties can pollute the sound, I’ve been looking for a solution to get better sound. Unfortunately for me, not having the budget to afford the higher priced power treatment  such as  (insert your favourite power conditioner brand) meant I could not get the best our of the system.

Months of research looking for a cost-effective solution thankfully led me to PI Audio. A short email conversation with Dave convinced me to pull the trigger on a Digibusss and I am glad I did.

As I'm now breaking in an Uber, your post very accurately reflects what I'm hearing. It's a great product. I'm breaking in the second outlet, the Furutech G right now. The first was the unpolished Pass and Seymour.
If I had to do over, this product would be one of the first to buy when getting an audio system together. In that regard, it would be an amazing device to analyze your amp, preamp, cables etc
👍👍
Nick
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2017, 12:16:37 PM »
Exactly what I have saying since getting involved with PIAudio. 400 hours there Nick it will get so much better.

charles

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #98 on: July 24, 2017, 12:39:49 PM »

As I'm now breaking in an Uber, your post very accurately reflects what I'm hearing. It's a great product. I'm breaking in the second outlet, the Furutech G right now. The first was the unpolished Pass and Seymour.
If I had to do over, this product would be one of the first to buy when getting an audio system together. In that regard, it would be an amazing device to analyze your amp, preamp, cables etc
👍👍
Nick
Thanks, Nick.  I do my best to build the best, cost no object products that I can... because they are ugly.  I build ugly black boxes full of beauty that are meant to reside behind the rack.  I can and will build other styles with audio jewelry faceplates and cases, but that easily adds a kilobuck to the cost.  I choose to spend my customers' money on the inside of the box, not for a pretty face.  I love pretty faces. but sometimes they have nothing inside.

I built Nick's with 4 different receptacles so he could hear the differences in presentation.  These are:

Pass & Seymour 5362A

Hand Polished Pass & Seymour 5362A  + $10.00

Furutech FPX(Cu) standard + $70.00, not my hand polished version  (+ $20.00 for hand polish).  These are pig to get apart and reassemble but sound awesome when hand polished...

Furutech FPX(G) + $95.00

The best receptacle available to date is the Furutech GTX NCF ( +280.00 !!!) Expensive but OMG!

I'll be very interested in what Nick finds to be the best for his applications.

2 days to take the upper mid edge off.  One week to make real music.  400 hours to finally be "THERE!"  When it gets THERE it is truly special in an industry of "me, too."

They all sound different and I think Nick will find the "perfect" combination for his system among them.

And the adventure continues...  8)

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #99 on: July 24, 2017, 12:42:02 PM »
With a MiniBUSS, DigiBUSS, UberBUSS and BlunderBUSS in the setup, and TWL HAL power cables for the speaker system, I am a very happy guy!  Dave and Pete both did a great job!  :thumb:

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #100 on: July 24, 2017, 12:50:33 PM »
With a MiniBUSS, DigiBUSS, UberBUSS and BlunderBUSS in the setup, and TWL HAL power cables for the speaker system, I am a very happy guy!  Dave and Pete both did a great job!  :thumb:
Thanks, Rich.  You da' man!

Offline malloy

• no grave concern for repercussion
« Reply #101 on: July 24, 2017, 10:34:03 PM »

charles

Pete's cables just rock.  I gave up making power cables, with the exception of somer niche market cables like the MPC/Mini++, because his cables work great in more applications.  Add to that the fact that Pete is one of the finest people I have ever known and we make a GREAT pair to draw to.   :thumb:

Oh wow. So the sound gets better?  :!:  I have to stop myself getting any new upgrades. It seems I've done nothing but tinker with the gear for the better part of 4 years!  Forgot to add that the Digibuss  has one unpolished receptacle into which I plugged the lan extender and some ikea walwarts.

The polished receptacles are smoother sounding. Have to save up for better cords and the cryo'ed outlets next.

Offline dBe

« Reply #102 on: July 24, 2017, 11:16:04 PM »

charles

Oh wow. So the sound gets better?  :!:  I have to stop myself getting any new upgrades. It seems I've done nothing but tinker with the gear for the better part of 4 years!  Forgot to add that the Digibuss  has one unpolished receptacle into which I plugged the lan extender and some ikea walwarts.

The polished receptacles are smoother sounding. Have to save up for better cords and the cryo'ed outlets next.
The polished 5362A receptacles are the best inexpensive receptacle that I have heard.   All of my products are cryoed.  Makes an audible improvement.  I have bought just about every receptacles could find and compared them all.  For $35.00 ea, they kill.  Of course the fact that I'm the guy that supplies them must be considered.  BUT!  If I could find a better one, I would use and recommend it.  I learn every day.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2017, 07:45:53 AM »
That Furutech G is sounding better, but violins and female voices are still  a bit edgy. Im patient..won't cut short the break in process. As to a polished P& S, I'm really looking forward to trying that!
Nick
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline dBe

« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2017, 09:49:17 PM »
That Furutech G is sounding better, but violins and female voices are still  a bit edgy. Im patient..won't cut short the break in process. As to a polished P& S, I'm really looking forward to trying that!
Nick
:thumb: