Author Topic: VU DEJA DAC  (Read 11342 times)

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
Re: VU DEJA DAC
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2016, 06:51:46 AM »
Nick, as of yet, there's no official website fully developed, however, I wanted to post a few internal photos here, but have absolutely no clue how to (yet)

Charles, thanks for the offer, but I'm still trying to post photos here from my pictures list in Windows 10 PC.

Can you edit your title thread to say Vu Jade'?  Pete asked me about this last night, just wondering, thanks again.

The easiest way is to hit reply and when you get to the page where you type in your post, at the bottom left corner of the text box you will see the words "Additional Options...". Click on them and on of the options you will see is a browse button that you can use to attach photos from your hard drive.
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2016, 08:16:46 AM »
Anything I've heard from Carl's hands has sounded great. I'll bet this thing kicks ass.

In every way. Never and I mean never have I heard a DAC do what this one does period. The most un Hi Fi sounding DAC yet IMHO.
   Natural tonality with so much dimension and harmonics just scary real.
    Piano never sounded so real to me. BTW I cannot change thread name. Do not know how.

charles

contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Salvo

• Seeking Help
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2016, 04:32:03 PM »
Pete called to inform me that he and Karl have been extremely busy with their regular jobs and family matters.

They are working feverishly to try and finish cosmetic touches and parts ordering for individual customer needs/requirements.

He reassured me they will finish the website with nice photo uploads and descriptions, so please hang in there a while longer, it will be worth the wait.  :D
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 04:37:21 PM by Salvo »
CEC TL3N> Vu Jade' DHT DAC> TRL Preamp> NuForce Ref9 V2SE> Intuitive Design Summits> Mad Scientist Heretical+ Digital cable & tweaks> Western Electric 14ga. solid core speaker wire.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2016, 07:43:57 AM »
    Yes the new units will feature exposed tubes and a lower profile. I have their prototype phono stage in house.
    We have another winner here. My loesch & Weisner is considered state of the art. Well it met its match. I'm in hook line and sinker.
      The DAC was almost equal to my Loesch phono section. With Karls design NO MORE.
     These guys got it together keep a close eye on them.Fools rush in and that will not be the case with them.
      Nervosa waiting time for my DAC.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2016, 06:12:16 AM »
  Living with the prototype now for a week to date never has digital sounded this way in my home. Just never.
   You name it tonality, harmonics, transparency all there in spades. This DAC is a game changer and is going nowhere.
    Should have a production model shortly that the local guys can hear and maybe listen to at home.

charles

Offline Putz

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2016, 06:50:25 PM »
So Carl stopped by tonight with his new Vu Phono Preamp and we listened to it and compared it to my Sutherland. No contest.

Now the Sutherland costs way less than the Vu but loving that 16 tube sound. Just need to sell a kidney or two and I'm all in.

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2016, 07:25:26 AM »
I had the opportunity to listen to the 2-box Vu Deja DAC in my main system yesterday.

Very nice analogue-like playback. All listeners thought we were playing vinyl or reel to reel tapes. Very impressive! Two thumbs up!  :thumb: :thumb:

My $0.02,
Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS