Author Topic: Help! USB security measure at work stopped my external DAC from working  (Read 4549 times)

Offline sleepyguy24

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Morning everyone

I was wondering if anyone has encountered this and has any thoughts.

My company has put this initiative forward.

1)   Access to USB drives will be disabled. This is now a common practice for all Banks and Broker Dealers. Only USB hard drives, memory card readers will be affected. Wireless keyboards and mice will not.

One side effect of this security measure is my NuForce USB DAC2 that I use at work to listen to music on my headphones doesn't work at all now.

Does anyone know of a USB DAC that doesn't appear to be a USB hard drive to a computer? Has anyone dealt with this kind of protocol?

I'm tempted to get a Bravo v2 headphone amp and use the headphone output of my laptop but then I would be using my crappy laptop's DAC and dealing with headphone jack issues.

Thanks in advance.

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
Re: Help! USB security measure at work stopped my external DAC from working
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 08:27:47 AM »
Our company has required that all USB devices be encrypted. Also some peoples desktops have the USB ports disabled completely.
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 12:47:02 PM »
  Buy a transport. It is better anyway.  :roll: :)
Have no clue s per post about USB.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 05:03:34 PM »
UNinstall then Reinstall the driver for the headphone DAC. It might have got messed up with the security change.