Author Topic: about breaking in my Antelope Zodiac dac  (Read 32581 times)

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
Re: about breaking in my Antelope Zodiac dac
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2016, 08:07:31 PM »
The Audio Sensibilty digital cable is broken in. I've been in this hobby for over 25 years and this is the best sound/most fun I've had listening ... And yes, I've had a few toddies tonight.😀 I'm waiting on Werd's cable, but I'm keeping this one for sure. In the pursuit of great music, I'm offering the AS cable to any of my AN friends for a listen. Just PM if you are interested
Nick
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline Werd

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Return of the Hot Librarians 2016
« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2016, 06:14:46 AM »
Sending it today  :thumb:
Nola Viper Reference iii, Nola Blue Thunder Subs, Chapter Couplet 400s, Chapter Précis 250 integrated set to pre, Bryston BDA2/BDP1.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2016, 02:13:45 PM »
The Audio Sensibilty digital cable is broken in. I've been in this hobby for over 25 years and this is the best sound/most fun I've had listening ... And yes, I've had a few toddies tonight.😀 I'm waiting on Werd's cable, but I'm keeping this one for sure. In the pursuit of great music, I'm offering the AS cable to any of my AN friends for a listen. Just PM if you are interested
Nick

ENJOYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! have a drink for me

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2016, 02:19:49 PM »
Nick

ENJOYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! have a drink for me

charles

Thanks, Charles. I'll do that 😀 As this is such an excellent cable, it'll be so much easier to dial in the Interrconnect and speaker cables.
Who knew it would only take take 25-30 years to get this far. And it all started with me buying a Tandberg cassette deck in the late 70s...
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline Werd

« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2016, 08:25:27 AM »
You get that cable yet...:thumb: ?
Nola Viper Reference iii, Nola Blue Thunder Subs, Chapter Couplet 400s, Chapter Précis 250 integrated set to pre, Bryston BDA2/BDP1.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2016, 02:03:13 PM »
Not yet. I didn't get your tracking number. What does it show on your end?
Nicki
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline Werd

« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2016, 02:17:51 PM »
You should get it by the end of the week. I have been looking for it., haven't put to much effort I can look harder though.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2016, 03:25:04 PM »
The Atlas Mavros cable arrived, but I've been out of town. Just got back last night and put a few hours on it as the system has been turned off. Have not been able to listen for more than 15 or 20 minutes so far. It will be interesting as I believe Werd has a system superior to mine and probably has more critical listening skills as well.

Am hoping to have some private time with the rig soon so I can crank it up and will be coaxing my wife to run some errands etc 😀
Nick
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline Werd

« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2016, 10:19:52 AM »
The Atlas Mavros cable arrived, but I've been out of town. Just got back last night and put a few hours on it as the system has been turned off. Have not been able to listen for more than 15 or 20 minutes so far. It will be interesting as I believe Werd has a system superior to mine and probably has more critical listening skills as well.

Am hoping to have some private time with the rig soon so I can crank it up and will be coaxing my wife to run some errands etc 😀
Nick

I only know what I like on my system. My opinions are my own and not a science but just a hobbyist view of audio. But I do listen to my gear so that helps  :thumb:
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2016, 11:21:14 AM »

Nick

I only know what I like on my system. My opinions are my own and not a science but just a hobbyist view of audio. But I do listen to my gear so that helps  :thumb:

Sometimes it's nice and even useful to understand the science, but at the end of the day its your system so all that really matters is your opinion. Whatever makes you happy is right for you... and likewise for everyone else. IMO that is the only absolute in this hobby.
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2016, 08:17:24 PM »
Yes, all that really matters is how it sounds in my system. I do wish I had much more exposure to live music over the years and the opportunity to listen to much more equipment in my home. My initial impression of the Mavros is that it has a more natural top end. Cymbals and triangles sound more realistic with better decay. Violins are very sweet sounding. I'll be able to do lots of listening tomorrow
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2016, 10:14:30 AM »
A good day listening yesterday. Werd has good taste in cables. At this point, it would help to make these decisions with the benefit of a power conditioner, so I've just sent an email to Dave at PI
Nick
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2016, 01:37:21 PM »
A good day listening yesterday. Werd has good taste in cables. At this point, it would help to make these decisions with the benefit of a power conditioner, so I've just sent an email to Dave at PI
Nick

FYI, Dave just left on a week long vacation trip, so if he does not get back to you right away, that's why.

http://www.audionervosa.com/index.php?topic=5894.0

Also keep in mind that Dave's units take quit a while to fully break i (in the area of 400 hours). So even if you do get one right away it will be quite some time before it is putting its best foot forward.
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #88 on: February 15, 2016, 09:53:32 PM »
Nick

FYI, Dave just left on a week long vacation trip, so if he does not get back to you right away, that's why.

http://www.audionervosa.com/index.php?topic=5894.0

Also keep in mind that Dave's units take quit a while to fully break i (in the area of 400 hours). So even if you do get one right away it will be quite some time before it is putting its best foot forward.

Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't aware of such a long break in 😳
Nick
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline Werd

« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2016, 12:14:36 PM »
Nick

I do  :D. That cable has just the right sparkle with out sounding to for ward or lean for SPDIF.  :thumb:. Its my favorite.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,