Author Topic: Windows 10  (Read 3652 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Windows 10
« on: October 31, 2015, 01:59:24 PM »
A discussion thread about Windows 10 for audio and whatever.

Automatic Upgrade Of Older Operating Systems:
Windows 10 is coming, whether you want it or not, it's being put into the Windows Update pipeline as an "important" update in 2016. If you have your updates set to automatic you'll get Windows 10. If the upgrade version of Win10 setup is silent or if you don't participate in setup you will get the default settings which turn on the data reporting features' of Windows 10.

Microsoft wants to compete with Google, selling your personal info personalizing your web advertisements. This is why they are giving it away for free. They do want to wash out older OSes to reduce the support costs, but mostly to pump up their targetted-ads business as fast as possible.

Instead of setting Windows Update to fully automatic, I keep it set to "notify me when updates are ready," then I manually select which updates I want to install. Updates I choose to not install I set to "hide" so the rejected updates don't keep trying.

How to Stop Windows 10 from Spying on You:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/07/30/windows-10-privacy-settings/

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
Re: Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 03:27:43 PM »
I pulled windows 10 and run linux instead, they pulled a fast one on me and I had to just pull the whole operating system.

Computing has gotten much worse if you ask me, all sorts of crap cluttering up the whole experience it made me use the internet less and less.

someone will come out with a lean mean operating system I hope!
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline Werd

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Return of the Hot Librarians 2016
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 03:31:02 PM »
The whole computer Internet OS thing is to have a constant ad  commercial running on your computer.  "Hey dummy brain-dead human on your computer ... Buy this". Basically all it is.
Nola Viper Reference iii, Nola Blue Thunder Subs, Chapter Couplet 400s, Chapter Précis 250 integrated set to pre, Bryston BDA2/BDP1.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 06:01:49 PM »
agreed
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 06:43:19 PM »
Install AdBlock and Ghostery plugins in your browser and the web spies are blocked and the targeted ads are gone.

Unless you run Win10 with default settings.

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 06:01:53 AM »
Thanks rich for this post :thumb:

going to try some of those things you linked to!

Offline Werd

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Return of the Hot Librarians 2016
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 07:57:45 AM »
just install some Russian anti virus on it.  :thumb: :lol:
Nola Viper Reference iii, Nola Blue Thunder Subs, Chapter Couplet 400s, Chapter Précis 250 integrated set to pre, Bryston BDA2/BDP1.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,