Author Topic: Schiit Products  (Read 10160 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Schiit Products
« on: October 15, 2015, 09:06:02 AM »
   Their DACs are looking good and affordable. The Bitfrost is a Kaboom for the buck DAC.
    Top of the line model is $2299. Not a dealer.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: Schiit Products
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 09:33:32 AM »
They have choice of delta sigma or some Resistor ladder type DAC now. What's up with that?

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 08:21:49 AM »
They have choice of delta sigma or some Resistor ladder type DAC now. What's up with that?

You would have to ask them Rich have no clue.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 07:43:27 AM »
   Compared the Bitfrost to a Weiss Meda DAC. Overall the Weiss had a larger stage and is better extended at the extremes.
    Tonality was equal, harmonics equal. It was a matter of omission rather that any sonic failing. It was to close as the Weiss 30X more expensive.
    So impressed contacted Schiitt  to get their top of the line DAC at $2300. Hope they send one.

charles

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 08:58:27 AM »
heard they have good schitt. Theres an example of a good value product that sounds great.
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata

Offline sleepyguy24

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 08:04:35 AM »
I've owned various Schiit gear through the years. Their Valhalla OTL v1 headphone amp, BiFrost Uber, Passive preamp. Very good stuff at really budget friendly prices. I would have kept my BiFrost if it wasn't for a deal I got on a Eastern Electric MiniMax DAC Plus. The urge to tube roll got the better of me. I'd love to hear the top of the line DAC. I also miss the Valhalla headphone amp. It did run hot though from what I can recall.

Offline Werd

• Return of the Hot Librarians 2016
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 08:48:25 AM »
I am seriously thinking of selling.my BDA 2 and buying this. It's got iron core transformers. I have always wondered what that would sound like.
http://schiit.com/products/yggdrasil
Nola Viper Reference iii, Nola Blue Thunder Subs, Chapter Couplet 400s, Chapter Précis 250 integrated set to pre, Bryston BDA2/BDP1.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Online _Scotty_

• “Sic transit gloria mundi”
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2015, 09:26:28 AM »
It is unclear what iron core transformers you are referring to, perhaps you meant E core transformers.
Almost every transformer in existence uses grain oriented silicon electrical steel, a very few use amorphous steel core material.
With the exception of resistance based devices like a toaster, it is unlikely that any of us have encountered an AC powered electrical device that has not had one or the other transformer core material used in its power supply.
Scotty

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 09:48:19 AM by _Scotty_ »

Offline machinehead

• Affordable Web Design & Development
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2015, 12:49:06 PM »
Its cool ndude.

Offline Werd

• Return of the Hot Librarians 2016
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2015, 02:40:11 PM »
It is unclear what iron core transformers you are referring to, perhaps you meant E core transformers.
Almost every transformer in existence uses grain oriented silicon electrical steel, a very few use amorphous steel core material.
With the exception of resistance based devices like a toaster, it is unlikely that any of us have encountered an AC powered electrical device that has not had one or the other transformer core material used in its power supply.
Scotty

Yes E core as opposed to Torus. That s what meant.  :thumb:
Nola Viper Reference iii, Nola Blue Thunder Subs, Chapter Couplet 400s, Chapter Précis 250 integrated set to pre, Bryston BDA2/BDP1.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2015, 08:07:21 AM »
  Compared the Bitfrost to a Weiss Meda DAC. Overall the Weiss had a larger stage and is better extended at the extremes.
    Tonality was equal, harmonics equal. It was a matter of omission rather that any sonic failing. It was to close as the Weiss 30X more expensive.
    So impressed contacted Schiitt  to get their top of the line DAC at $2300. Hope they send one.

charles

Schiit has refused to even call back. Left three messages WOW !!!

charles
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 08:40:32 AM by rollo »

Offline Hugh

• Angel City Audio
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2015, 08:29:04 AM »
Can't understand what you said Charles. :)
Hugh Nguyen
Angel City Audio
Exclusive Melody US Distributor

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2015, 08:40:54 AM »
Can't understand what you said Charles. :)

Typo error sorry.
charles

Offline Hugh

• Angel City Audio
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2015, 08:48:06 AM »
Ahhh. :)
Hugh Nguyen
Angel City Audio
Exclusive Melody US Distributor

Online _Scotty_

• “Sic transit gloria mundi”
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2015, 09:17:46 AM »
Charles, you might try sending an email and then waiting a week for them to get back to you.
Are you trying to buy a Yggdrasil Dac form them.
They may be completely covered up due to the positive reviews
that the Yggdrasil has had. I will bet they will be happy to sell you one, it just may take awhile.
Scotty