Author Topic: Bryston BDP - 1  (Read 3588 times)

Offline Rocket

• Certifiable
Bryston BDP - 1
« on: August 29, 2015, 07:54:07 PM »
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone is using a Bryston BDP - 1 in their system?  I bought one on closeout here in Australia for a great price and I'm thoroughly impressed with the unit.  The setup was a bit difficult as I am not computer savvy but I eventually was able to get the BDP - 1 to work.

I'm using my iPad with Mpad application which controls the BDP - 1 flawlessly.  Also, the SQ in my system has gone up another few percentage points which surprised me as my CDP transport was very good quality.

I've been downloading hi rez from HDTRACKS and most of the time the music is good quality recordings.

Cheers Rod

Offline Werd

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Return of the Hot Librarians 2016
Re: Bryston BDP - 1
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 02:59:29 PM »
Hi
 I have been using that for awhile. It was buggie as hell at first but now operates seamlessly after all the updates.  You can use it for Tidal also if you want.
Nola Viper Reference iii, Nola Blue Thunder Subs, Chapter Couplet 400s, Chapter Précis 250 integrated set to pre, Bryston BDA2/BDP1.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline Rocket

• Certifiable
Re: Bryston BDP - 1
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 03:14:36 AM »
Hi,

The only issue I have is a bit of distortion occasionally between tracks.  My unit hasn't been updated with the latest software so I guess that will be my next move.

I've been downloading some hi-rez from HDTRACKS and on the whole have had a good experience.  Now listening to some music that I enjoy instead of chasing the best recordings.

Cheers Rod