Author Topic: Triode Wire Labs at the Capital AudioFest, August 28-30  (Read 12852 times)

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
Triode Wire Labs at the Capital AudioFest, August 28-30
« on: August 05, 2015, 01:03:44 PM »
Triode Wire Labs is very pleased to be heading back to the Capital AudioFest, August 28-30, http://www.capitalaudiofest.com

We'll be in both Rooms 315 (Triode Wire Labs partnering with BorderPatrol Audio) and in Room 405 (Triode Wire Labs / Sound Insight).

In Room 315, we'll have my entire TWL cable loom with Gary Dews BorderPatrol (http://www.borderpatrol.net/) gear consisting of;
BorderPatrol tube amplifier(s) and preamp (Gary's not sure exactly which amp(s) to bring - either P21 with integral volume control, P20 / S20 Dual mono with integral volume control, or
P20 Dual Mono...)
BorderPatrol USB DAC with a BP tube PSU, and
Living Voice OBX-RW loudspeakers.

In Room 405, we'll have the entire TWL cable loom with Sound Insight (http://www.sound-insight.com/index.html) gear consisting of;
World Premier of the SI 300 Open Baffle servo subs
BG Radia FS880 Planar Speakers
Pass Labs XA60.8 Class A monoblock amplifiers
Coincident Line Stage preamp (with Psvane exact replica WE 101D DHT's)
Esoteric K01X SACD player.

PI Audio UberBUSSes to be employed in both rooms, cleaning-up the nasty hotel power...

As always, libations will be served! Hope to see you there!

Cheers,
Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
Re: Triode Wire Labs at the Capital AudioFest, August 28-30
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 02:24:07 PM »
Congrats and good luck, Pete! :thumb:

Unfortunately, this will make two years in a row that I will miss the CAF due to prior commitments. :(

I'm sure you guys will be rocking' the house down as usual!

:dj:

SN
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L

GT Audio Works

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 07:20:41 AM »
Hi Pete,
Looking forward to seeing you and Steve there.
I will be across the hall in 404 showing my GTA 2.5  planars driven by electronics from Paradox Pulse.

http://www.gtaudioworks.com/
http://www.paradoxpulse.com/

Greg
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 07:26:34 AM by GT Audio Works »

Offline machinehead

• Obsessively Audiophilic
    • Affordable Web Design & Development
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 07:38:26 AM »
Awesome Pete!!! You are da man!
Its cool ndude.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 08:26:14 AM »
  I will be teaming up with Pete and Steve providing clean power with our Uberbuss line.
  Bring your CD's and hear them again maybe for the first time through the Esoteric K-01x CDP, oh my.
   BTW wear a jockstrap for the debut of the new Innnersound servo open baffle subs with dedicated Rhythmic amps.
   Get comfy in the TWL-Border Patrol room with 300B love.See ya there.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

GT Audio Works

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 08:37:36 AM »
  I will be teaming up with Pete and Steve providing clean power with our Uberbuss line.
  Bring your CD's and hear them again maybe for the first time through the Esoteric K-01x CDP, oh my.
   BTW wear a jockstrap for the debut of the new Innnersound servo open baffle subs with dedicated Rhythmic amps.
   Get comfy in the TWL-Border Patrol room with 300B love.See ya there.

charles
Hi Charles, Hope you bring some select jazz lp's like last time.
Greg

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 06:10:53 AM »
Triode Wire Labs will now be in a 3rd room @ CAF, August 28-30...

Greg Roberts at Volti Audio has decided to participate in the Capital AudioFest at the end of this month and Triode Wire Labs is pleased & proud to have the entire TWL Loom with Greg's Volti Vittora's! Please stop by Room 401 for a musical treat! I believe Greg will be trying to mate his Vittora's with McIntosh gear... should be a dynamic great time!

Cheers,
Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Innuos Statement Server
UberBUSS

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2015, 07:49:09 AM »
Triode Wire Labs will now be in a 3rd room @ CAF, August 28-30...

Greg Roberts at Volti Audio has decided to participate in the Capital AudioFest at the end of this month and Triode Wire Labs is pleased & proud to have the entire TWL Loom with Greg's Volti Vittora's! Please stop by Room 401 for a musical treat! I believe Greg will be trying to mate his Vittora's with McIntosh gear... should be a dynamic great time!

Cheers,
Pete

Holy Crap! At the Brooklyn show last year you guys nearly blew out the windows driving the Vittora's with a flea power SET amp.  :shock:

The SPLs produced by a Mac amp producing double digit watts will have to be measured in Richter instead of db.  :rofl:

Ladies and Gentlemen the Captain has turned on the Fasten Your Seatbelts sign...............
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2015, 09:28:58 AM »
Some recent feedback from the Capital Audiofest...

http://parttimeaudiophile.com/2015/09/08/caf-2015-volti-audio-and-triode-wire-labs/

CAF 2015: VOLTI AUDIO AND TRIODE WIRE LABS

Some last-minute wrangling saw Greg Roberts of Volti Audio decide to make the trek to this year’s Capital Audiofest down from Benton, Maine — and this year, he brought some tube-gear from McIntosh Labs to the party.

Overall, I think this room was one-of-the-better presentations I’ve heard from Volti. The focus was a little soft, and the detail-retrieval a little light, but the forgiving sound that I heard was big, strong and muscular. I’m a big fan of the blue-dials/exposed chrome+tubes of the McIntosh gear, and this experience lines up with what I’ve come to expect from that brand.

Aligned along the long-wall, Mac gear drove the three-unit speaker Vittora system (two “mains” + sub) to generate fulsome, lush music “at” those of us lined up opposite, with a now-common and completely spectacular coherence and panic-inducing jump-factor.

I’ve written about these speakers so many times that I feel like I’m repeating myself here — so I’ll save you some time and just confess that I love ’em. They’re $25k for the set, and as Art Dudley of Stereophile has mentioned every time these speakers have come up: they’re heirloom pieces. Big, bold, and incredible space hogs, to be sure. But if you have the space, your grand-kids are going to come to blows over who gets ’em. If I had a different listening room (and a bag full o’ cash), or more control over my living room (and a bag full o’ cash), I’d have bought a set of these several years ago. Oh boy howdy, do I want my very own set. I’m getting all Gollum, just thinking about them. Preciousss!

Greg teamed up with Triode Pete of Triode Wire Labs to wire the kit up. I’ll come back to TWL shortly, but I will offer that Pete has had several opportunities to dramatically raise his prices and has refused. I love that. I also love the fact that his wiring loom is really quite remarkable — and those power cords are the best value in cabling today. No, $550 isn’t cheap, but I’d take a fistful of Seven+ over just about every other vendor out there, regardless of price, and yes, I’m looking squarely at the $5k-and-up segment as I type that. I call that value.

Some additional feedback from EnjoyTheMusic.com...

This time from Room 405, The Triode Wire Labs - Sound Insight Room

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/Capital_Audiofest_2015/Part1b.htm

Sound Insight And Triode Wire Labs
Hosted by Steven Rabitz of Sound Insight, Charlie Rollo, SI Ditributor and Pete Grzybowski (a.k.a. Triode Pete) of Triode Wire Labs hailed the debut of the SI-300 Open Baffle Servo Subwoofers $7900/pr. Modeled after a GR Research design, the SI-300s have 3 12" drivers designed for open baffle loading, a spec built Rythmik servo plate amp, and a heavy duty, lined with NoRez double thick cabinet. All you planar owners (Magnepan, Quad, ET, and ESL) who can't get a sub to integrate with your panels, here is your solution. The servo action quickens the return of the cone after a transient and prevents boom and overhang, thus allowing the bass character to match the planar. The radiating pattern of these OB subs also matches the planar lending to less room irregularities and seamless integration, you're welcome. There was a lot of supporting equipment from various brands, Esoteric K-01X SACD $21,000, Coincident RC preamp $5999, a pair of Pass Labs XA60.8 monos $12,800/pr driving BG Radia FS 880 planar magnetic speakers $35,000/pr. The entire rig was wired with TWL, HP Digital American power cord $699, Seven Plus PC $549, Spirit XLR Interconnects $449 ($349 for RCA), American Speaker Cable $699. Triode Pete's cables greatly contributed to the overall cohesiveness of the system, they are true bargains. Nothing at the show had more bass impact, and power down low than the SI-300s, while integrating invisibly with the panels. A couple of people not familiar with the Kodo drum track were startled and a little frightened when the first huge whack exploded into the room, the Sheffield Drum Record was so fun we listened to both Ron Tutt and Jim Keltner, the system put the drum kit in the room, very realistic. On one of my many trips to this room, Lyn Stanley came in and sang live in the room to her newest release "Interludes", available soon in SACD and CD formats, giving us a live versus Memorex moment to Led Zep's "Whole Lotta Love". Sensational!

Also, Stereophile (Art Dudley & Herb Reichert) has some blog entries...

Herb Reichert - Stereophile
As many of you know, I used to love horns. I loved them because when the stars lined up just right, the world's best horns could play waaaaaay closer to real life-both dynamically and scale-wise-than any audiophile speaker at any price. Jump factor pinned the needles. Unfortunately, I gave up on them years ago. Why? Because full-range horns were never truly coherent and they made solo singers and musicians appear too big. (On the good side, because they played big, horns could do opera better any little boxes.) And then, a few weeks ago I heard a giant horn system designed by Jeffrey Jackson of EMIA and (incredulously) it seemed perfect in every way-but it cost $350,000! Today at CAF I played a couple of my own CDs through the Volti Audio Vittora horns and they seemed perfect too-and a pair of Volti Vittoras costs only $25,000! The Voltis (reviewed by Art Dudley in September 2013) played my Bach Goldberg Variations (with Ito Ema at the keyboard) with a gentle liquid smoothness that exceeded any liquid smoothness I have heard before. Piano sound was among the most realistic I have ever experienced from a loudspeaker. I wrote in my listening notes that I think I could live with these for the rest of my life! Bravo Volti! (and Triode Wire Labs!)

Art Dudley - Stereophile
The gorgeous tone of Johnny Hodges' alto saxophone handily survived the trip through a pair of Living Voice Avatar OBX-RW loudspeakers ($11,850/pair), driven by a BorderPatrol P21 amplifier and USB NOS DAC ($9750 and $1250, respectively, with all cables and AC cords from Triode Wire Labs.

... and finally, some insightful feedback from Jonathan Janusz on TWL's Rooms at CAF...

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=136944.msg1456904#msg1456904

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=136944.msg1456908#msg1456908

Cheers,
Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Innuos Statement Server
UberBUSS

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2015, 11:52:32 AM »
Congrats, buddy!  Well deserved kudos!  :thumb:

• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• T.W.L

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2015, 08:18:56 PM »
 ".....and those power cords are the best value in cabling today. No, $550 isn’t cheap, but I’d take a fistful of Seven+ over just about every other vendor out there, regardless of price, and yes, I’m looking squarely at the $5k-and-up segment as I type that. I call that value."

It's nice to see that the audiophile press is finally catching on to what we here at AN have know for years.  :thumb:

Well deserved praise my friend.  8)
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline Werd

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Return of the Hot Librarians 2016
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2015, 09:04:08 AM »
Blonde above is laughing at the forward sub on the ground..  :rofl:

Congratz, you are in with some nice stuff like the Living Voice.  :thumb:
Nola Viper Reference iii, Nola Blue Thunder Subs, Chapter Couplet 400s, Chapter Précis 250 integrated set to pre, Bryston BDA2/BDP1.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2015, 11:53:27 AM »
  It was a treat and eye opening experience when Lyn Stanley who performed Saturday evening for the show graced our room . As Lynn sang along with her CD on our system she stated" This is the only room at the show where I sound just like myself live"
    It was a pleasure meeting Lynn and just thrilled by her comment. I asked her if she was just being kind with her comment put it in print she said I'll back up every word. :thumb:

charles

Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2015, 07:35:20 AM »
  It was a treat and eye opening experience when Lyn Stanley who performed Saturday evening for the show graced our room . As Lynn sang along with her CD on our system she stated" This is the only room at the show where I sound just like myself live"
    It was a pleasure meeting Lynn and just thrilled by her comment. I asked her if she was just being kind with her comment put it in print she said I'll back up every word. :thumb:

charles

:thumb:

• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• T.W.L

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2015, 08:22:10 AM »
Blonde above is laughing at the forward sub on the ground..  :rofl:

Congratz, you are in with some nice stuff like the Living Voice.  :thumb:

Dipoles baby servo controlled diploes that is. He who has the last laugh laughs the best.  :rofl:

charles