Author Topic: Boston Pops  (Read 5873 times)

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
Boston Pops
« on: July 04, 2015, 07:41:42 AM »
up in Boston this weekend to celebrate my wife's birthday. Last night we went to see the Boston Pops Independence Day show. As always they played the 1812. They were joined on stage for the finale by a 100 piece drum & bugle corp ( and of course half a dozen Howitzer canons).

It was absolutely mind blowing.  :shock:

And if that wasn't enough the same two groups then slam dunked Stars and Stripes Forever as an encore

A real kick in the brass.  8)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 07:45:02 AM by tmazz »
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline richidoo

Re: Boston Pops
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 08:27:42 AM »
Great show! I've been there a bunch of times when I lived in Boston, but never on the Esplenade. That's where the cannon shots fall in time with the music.  :thumb:

A belated Happy Birthday to Meredith!!

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 11:28:52 AM »
Was your butt able to track the cannon shots or were you jumping out of your seat?

:rofl:
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline richidoo

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 03:42:30 PM »
I was across the river, "listening" on FM radio. Back then I hated classical music except Bach so I ignored the concert until the first cannon went off, which means get ready for the fun to start.

Now (one of) the funnest things I can imagine doing is listening to 1812 Overture at extremely high volume.

Offline etcarroll

• Audio Neurotic
  • spin it!
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 12:49:41 PM »
I used to listen to that show while working in the old Charles Street Jail, ah the good times.

up in Boston this weekend to celebrate my wife's birthday. Last night we went to see the Boston Pops Independence Day show. As always they played the 1812. They were joined on stage for the finale by a 100 piece drum & bugle corp ( and of course half a dozen Howitzer canons).

It was absolutely mind blowing.  :shock:

And if that wasn't enough the same two groups then slam dunked Stars and Stripes Forever as an encore

A real kick in the brass.  8)
"...if you want to enjoy your gear, don't listen to anything that might be better."