Author Topic: Vinyl in the popular media  (Read 29264 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: Vinyl in the popular media
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2018, 06:43:41 PM »

Offline sleepyguy24

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2018, 10:20:48 AM »
Hey everyone. Sorry for the long radio silence. Moved and have been busy. Music listening was put on hold and now I have stacks of LPs to listen to.

Now here is something I found interesting. It looks like listening to Records is now something associated with young people. I was doing back to school shopping with the kids and found these ads in store windows at the mall. The 1st one was Aeropostale and the 2nd one was Neiman Marcus outlet. It looks like turntables and LPs appear to be for young people. Also I found an FYE music store open again. Not that many aisles of LPs and CDs but they were there. My wife just said you're so old now the trend came back around.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2018, 12:54:54 PM »
Hey everyone. Sorry for the long radio silence. Moved and have been busy. Music listening was put on hold and now I have stacks of LPs to listen to.

Now here is something I found interesting. It looks like listening to Records is now something associated with young people. I was doing back to school shopping with the kids and found these ads in store windows at the mall. The 1st one was Aeropostale and the 2nd one was Neiman Marcus outlet. It looks like turntables and LPs appear to be for young people. Also I found an FYE music store open again. Not that many aisles of LPs and CDs but they were there. My wife just said you're so old now the trend came back around.

The Barnes and Noble by me now has a bigger selection of LPs than the do of CDs.
Remember, it's all about the music........

Nola Boxers
Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
Quicksilver Mid Monos
ARC SP-9
VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Sumiko Blue Pt. Special
EE Minmax DAC/Bluesound Node/Denon 2910
TWL Power Cords/MIT Cables

Offline sleepyguy24

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #63 on: Today at 07:10:25 AM »
Oh wow. I haven't been to a Barnes and Noble in a while. Last I saw their LP section was growing but I had no idea it got past CDs. The LP section in Best Buy is still small around me and the Target by me dabbled in some vinyl but eventually put stuff on clearance. I scored a bunch of David Bowie and Prince albums for a hair under what Amazon charges for LPs.

Also yesterday I saw on a Rooms To Go TV commercial the prominent placement of a turntable and a young family's house. Age of the people in the commercial seemed to be 30ish.