Author Topic: Who mods DAC's? (Specifically a Monarchy DAC24)  (Read 2613 times)

Offline Bob in St. Louis

• Audio Neurotic
Who mods DAC's? (Specifically a Monarchy DAC24)
« on: February 12, 2014, 10:15:18 AM »
An audio buddy of mine (who is not fond of forums) is looking to have a DAC modded. He sent me this email the other day, and I was hoping your fellas could give a recommendations.

====================

I want to check into modding my Monarchy DAC24 (really kind of a vanity mod) pretty all out with transformer outputs and strippin out the pre-amp capabilities. Better bigger caps resistors etc. Can you put the word out? I know Mike Missle who used to work for weirdo ZawWin Builds stuff (he built a nice phono stage for Don (last get together) that looked quite professional and sounded real nice. I also want to mod one of my Monarchy SM70's (will not ground w/o humming and getting hot. I have special power cords for them w/o ground plug. I want to be able to use them with my Element power conditioner and better cords. They sound good now but I know they can sound better.
========

Anybody here do mods, or know of anybody that does?
Thanks fellas!  :D
Bob

Offline sleepyguy24

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: Who mods DAC's? (Specifically a Monarchy DAC24)
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 02:09:19 PM »
I saw this looking on the Monarchy Audio site.

http://www.monarchyaudio.com/instruct_nm24.htm

Maybe your friend could send the Dac 24 back to Monarchy Audio for mods to be done?

One guy I know who is good with tube stuff in general and modding things is Scott Gramlich of SG Custom Sounds. You can mail stuff to him for mods or repair.

Good luck.

Offline Bob in St. Louis

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Who mods DAC's? (Specifically a Monarchy DAC24)
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 08:54:46 AM »
There's a couple solid recommendations, thank you!  :D