Author Topic: Burson Conductor  (Read 2580 times)

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
Burson Conductor
« on: September 09, 2013, 06:15:10 AM »
OK so I own a Burson 160D DAC/Headphone amp/Preamp. In July I noticed it stopped processing 24/192 files. Burson sent me a new board. Fixed the 24/192 issue but was noisy. So I contacted Burson. After quite a bit of back and forth the problem is they no longer support the 160D as it is out of production and they have no more spare parts so they offered me an "upgrade" where they essentially gave me 100% retail for my 160D and all I had to do was pay the few hundred dollar upgrade to the new Conductor. I did and I can tell you that if you have a chance to hear one, go for it. It manages to improve upon the transparency and give more high end without making it edgy of fatiguing. The depth is amazing and reverb trails are looonnnngggggg. Wow great DAC and it isn't fully broken in yet.
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
Re: Burson Conductor
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 06:52:38 AM »
Congrats, Jim! :thumb:
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
Re: Burson Conductor
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 07:25:51 AM »
Thanks, It is a significant jump in performance over the 160D. Much more air and top end. I am surprised they were able to do it without making it sound overdone. There are some ESS 9018 DAC's that have a hard sound to them.
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata