Author Topic: Triode Pete's Rave, Saturday Aug. 3rd  (Read 12541 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Triode Pete's Rave, Saturday Aug. 3rd
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2013, 06:23:41 AM »
   Yes a great time had by all, Thanks to Erin and the Girls for helping out.
     It was my pleasure to bring some gear and it on the K-Horns. Liked the Nola setup very much.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2013, 06:56:08 AM »
Hey Guys,
My pleasure... First off, thanks to everyone for bringing equipment; thanks to Merrill for bringing his Veritas mono blocks, Sir Charles for bringing the Arion mono blocks (with Duelunds) and the Dodd Battery Pre-amp & two UberBUSSes, Mikey (machinehead) for the Parasound amp (for the Nolas), Steve Rabitz for the Esoteric / Teac SACD player (for the Nolas) & Grant (lissnr) for the speaker stands for the Nola's...

It was really fun swapping amplifiers on the K-horns... super revealing & pretty easy to differentiate tonal qualities... Also, I hope everyone got a "trip" from swapping output tubes on the Tannoy system... from Western Electric 300B's, vintage RCA 50's, vintage 10's & the Sylvania VT-25A's... once again, different tonal expressions...

I think one of the biggest surprises was the Nola Boxer system set-up in the garage... Parasound amp, DODD battery powered pre-amp & Esoteric / Teac SACD player all coupled to an UberBUSS with "you know whose" speaker cables & power cords... I think EVERYONE would agree that it was a synergistic system you could definitely live with... just goes to show ya...  :thumb:

Finally thanks to everyone bringing libations (great beer & superb wine, Herradura Tequila, Remy Martin VSOP Cognac, Shek's direct from China 46% alcohol mystery "tequila", etc...) and superb deserts - holy cow, enough desserts to feed an army. Yes & thanks to Mr. Mike (topround) for bringing dogs & salads (that I will personally enjoy later on). I hope everyone enjoyed Valley Caterer's (Franklin Square) gourmet food... my buddy & neighbor Steve really knows how to "present" food for an occasion...

Until next time,
Pete
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 06:58:11 AM by Triode Pete »
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

TomM

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2013, 09:14:37 AM »
Pete,
    Thanks for hosting Rave a having me there and everyone else there.Great music and food as always.

TomM

Offline shadowlight

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2013, 09:19:45 AM »
Pete,

Thanks for hosting the RAVE yesterday.  I really enjoyed listening to your system and meeting your family.

Sorry for the last picture.

Offline machinehead

• Obsessively Audiophilic
    • Affordable Web Design & Development
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2013, 10:08:41 AM »
Pete.. So much FUN!!! Wouldnt expect less! :)
Its cool ndude.

Offline jbtrio

• Certifiable
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2013, 11:37:25 AM »
Pete,
Thanks for hosting a fine Rave. Good food, friends, and music that's what's it's all about!
The Tannoys and k-horns sounded wonderful. Both class D amps sounded pretty good, but overkill with those 103db efficient speakers. Once your amps were back in with the 1936 sylvania's the magic was back.
 The garage system sounded real nice with the Nola's.

All in all a fun time!

Joe
VPI classic3,3d arm, Lyra Kleos SL,K&K maxxed-out phonostage,Quadratic MC-1 SUT,Mola Mola Tambaqui Dac, Jay's Audio CDT-2 Mk.3transport,Supratek Sauvignon preamp,Frankenstein 300b mk.2 amps,FW SIT-3 amp, Purepower 1500+,Horning Eufrodite Ellipse speakers

musicfile

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2013, 12:23:31 PM »
Damn I wish I lived closer and would have dropped in
I'm saving up for some of your power cords Pete

Pat

drews_hifi

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2013, 07:24:32 AM »
My thanks as well to Pete for putting the rave on.  Terrific mix of chat, food, drink and music- when we finally settled in for a listen to the Khorns, we got to hear the music- talkers had plenty of other places- especially as nice as it was in the back yard.

Kudos to Erin and the kids for their efforts and willingness to fly the TWL colors.

The Nola system was very impressive- terrific bass and overall sound in the garage, maybe even better just outside the garage.

Offline Emil

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2013, 08:10:10 AM »

Wonderful gathering. Plenty of room to mingle,  great food, 3 systems. Just perfect.

Thanks again to the TWL family

Oh, and thanks Grant for giving me a listen in the "transporter room".
"Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.
I got to say it was a good day"
    --Ice Cube

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2013, 06:58:04 AM »
  Grants system was cooking even with 10 hours on the new DAC. Surprising actually since those V=Caps take 1000 hours to settle. Oh my !! 1000W of amplification never hurts. either. The B&G Radia subwoofer addition was well worth the ticket. Quite impressive overall.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

ua100k

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2013, 09:51:17 AM »
Excellent time Pete. Thanks for hosting such a great and open rave. Great horns! Really nice power cords too!!

Hey Guys,
My pleasure... First off, thanks to everyone for bringing equipment; thanks to Merrill for bringing his Veritas mono blocks, Sir Charles for bringing the Arion mono blocks (with Duelunds) and the Dodd Battery Pre-amp & two UberBUSSes, Mikey (machinehead) for the Parasound amp (for the Nolas), Steve Rabitz for the Esoteric / Teac SACD player (for the Nolas) & Grant (lissnr) for the speaker stands for the Nola's...

It was really fun swapping amplifiers on the K-horns... super revealing & pretty easy to differentiate tonal qualities... Also, I hope everyone got a "trip" from swapping output tubes on the Tannoy system... from Western Electric 300B's, vintage RCA 50's, vintage 10's & the Sylvania VT-25A's... once again, different tonal expressions...

I think one of the biggest surprises was the Nola Boxer system set-up in the garage... Parasound amp, DODD battery powered pre-amp & Esoteric / Teac SACD player all coupled to an UberBUSS with "you know whose" speaker cables & power cords... I think EVERYONE would agree that it was a synergistic system you could definitely live with... just goes to show ya...  :thumb:

Finally thanks to everyone bringing libations (great beer & superb wine, Herradura Tequila, Remy Martin VSOP Cognac, Shek's direct from China 46% alcohol mystery "tequila", etc...) and superb deserts - holy cow, enough desserts to feed an army. Yes & thanks to Mr. Mike (topround) for bringing dogs & salads (that I will personally enjoy later on). I hope everyone enjoyed Valley Caterer's (Franklin Square) gourmet food... my buddy & neighbor Steve really knows how to "present" food for an occasion...

Until next time,
Pete