Author Topic: Rave Feb 16th...my house  (Read 50463 times)

ua100k

Re: Rave Feb 16th...my house
« Reply #165 on: February 22, 2013, 10:55:58 AM »
Mike,

Great short time I was there. Thanks for hosting. I hear it went on, and on, and on, and on....

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
« Reply #166 on: February 23, 2013, 07:47:17 AM »
Charlie ,
You never heard the Titans.
 Joe's amp delivers 800 watts into 4 ohms, it was not about power.

Yes the pipedreams needed more power than the SET you gave them
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #167 on: February 23, 2013, 08:06:33 AM »
   Correct, however your description of their character was sweet and musical which IMO would be better suited for Greg's, speaker.
   The Pipes are 96DB efficient 18W is plenty. They were demonstrated at the shows with Tenor which I believe is 18W or so. Worked for them.
    What took me away from them in direct comparison was the presence and less colored sound. Not the power. Although the wattage doesn't hurt. Headroom baby.
   Anyway this is not a debate about Joe's amp vs the Arion.  What would have been interesting would be a class "D" amp vs a hybrid class "D" amp with Greg's speakers that's all.
    The more we listen to different gear the more we learn. No biggie had a great time as always. Let's just call it a day and move on.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
« Reply #168 on: February 23, 2013, 09:23:46 AM »
Agreed
time to move on

Who is hosting the next rave?
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline mfsoa

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #169 on: February 23, 2013, 09:33:41 AM »
I want to do another. System's been a little stagnant but we can come up with something I'm sure. March might be too soon though.

And if Dave Slagle thinks Topround is King of Bad Weather Raves he hasn't planned on coming to one of mine!!

(Flippin' Shadowlight has his on 70 degree January days  :roll:)

-Mike

Offline shadowlight

« Reply #170 on: February 23, 2013, 09:49:55 AM »
I want to do another. System's been a little stagnant but we can come up with something I'm sure. March might be too soon though.

And if Dave Slagle thinks Topround is King of Bad Weather Raves he hasn't planned on coming to one of mine!!

(Flippin' Shadowlight has his on 70 degree January days  :roll:)

-Mike

Next time I will leave 70 degre January days for you to host the RAVE's  :rofl: