Author Topic: Rave November 26th  (Read 29570 times)

Offline jbtrio

• Certifiable
Re: Rave November 26th
« Reply #105 on: November 27, 2011, 11:47:16 AM »
Emil,

Thanks for hosting a fine Rave. You are such a great host!
Great food, music, people, that's what it's all about.

Your Maggies sounded wonderful. For music, I like it better without the sub.

The Lenehan speakers sounded pretty good, but needs more time for break-in.

All in All a fun Rave.
Joe
VPI classic3,3d arm, Lyra Kleos SL,K&K maxxed-out phonostage,Quadratic MC-1 SUT,Mola Mola Tambaqui Dac, Jay's Audio CDT-2 Mk.3transport,Supratek Sauvignon preamp,Frankenstein 300b mk.2 amps,FW SIT-3 amp, Purepower 1500+,Horning Eufrodite Ellipse speakers

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #106 on: November 27, 2011, 12:28:00 PM »
Nice pics shek. Good pic of Charlie! Emil you have a beautiful home, it is a warm feeling to see it filled with so many friends having fun. Sounds like the Maggies went over big! Makes me want to try a pair of those.

Rich

lonewolfny42

« Reply #107 on: November 27, 2011, 10:15:38 PM »
Thank you Emil....excellent Rave!!!  :beer:

For those that left early....you missed Peter Gabriel on the big screen.....good stuff. :thumb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh80jJNgRrY

« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 10:26:57 PM by lonewolfny42 »

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #108 on: November 28, 2011, 08:32:04 AM »
Ooooh. I saw that Gabriel show live. Awesome segment you have there where he walked around inside that big bubble, especially when he began bouncing it in time to the music. He was also playing with a Segway on stage at one point during that show.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

ltr317

« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2011, 06:09:54 PM »
Emil - Even though you live near the end of the earth, it is always more than worthwhile attending a Rave at your place.  Great seeing some Ravers after quite a long time.  The food in general was delicious but the chicken and Country apple pie in particular were outstanding. Had a lot of fun switching equipment upstairs.   :thumb: :thumb:

Offline Putz

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #110 on: November 29, 2011, 07:33:55 PM »
So I let all the veterans speak, now it's time for the rookie to chime in. First of all, being the new guy, I definitely did not press the button. I really wanted to, but even the thought of being banished to the mean streets of Suffolk County for a Jersey guy. The horror.

Thanks to Evan and Joe for letting me hitch a ride with them and getting to hear Joe's Salks even at low volume (meow) was a bonus. The ride there and back was almost as much fun as the rave itself.

Great place you have Emil. Maggies sounded great and got to hear a lot of music I don't normally listen to. I'd kill to have a dedicated listening room that accomodates 2 CH and HT (left before the HT kicked in).

Food was extremely tasty and quite abundant. Glad everyone liked the Guac.

Finally, it was a pleasure to actually meet some people who enjoy the same thing I do. I knew you were out there. So many people think I'm crazy for this "hobby/obsession". A little positive reinforcement goes a long way. Now I just need to get the kahones to maybe host one of these myself.

Putz out.

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #111 on: November 29, 2011, 08:11:33 PM »
So I let all the veterans speak, now it's time for the rookie to chime in. First of all, being the new guy, I definitely did not press the button.

I coerced the person to "press" the button...just like "Lost"

The devil in me made me do it!

www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #112 on: November 30, 2011, 11:46:06 AM »
  Guys the only reason I got pissed off  was that I asked to wait so I could talk a bit about it first as the dealer. Didn't think that was asking to much. That's all. All water under the bridge for me.

Anyway as you all heard the Maggie system was improved in weight, fullness, air, space, decay of notes, dimension and presence. Tonality was a bit bright at times with certain recordings and just to loud a level for Maggies.
  The BSGT unit will reveal any nasties present in the chain or the recording.  Sorry.
  I would be happy to bring the BSGT unit over to ones home and system to evaluate properly. 
  The purpose was to introduce the product, talk about it a bit and offer free home demo. Unfortunately my presentation never happened. Oh well next time.
   A great time no matter what. Pete stay away from the beer.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

charles
SMA

contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

AcidJazz

« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2011, 03:39:26 PM »
 Guys the only reason I got pissed off  was that I asked to wait so I could talk a bit about it first as the dealer. Didn't think that was asking to much. That's all. All water under the bridge for me.

Anyway as you all heard the Maggie system was improved in weight, fullness, air, space, decay of notes, dimension and presence. Tonality was a bit bright at times with certain recordings and just to loud a level for Maggies.

Whaat...there was a 'fight', and I missed it?  :lol:
I missed the demo on the Maggies too...was I drunk and passed out under the sofa?  :duh   :rofl:

Oh well, only heard the Qol on the little Gallos.  :-|
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 05:32:54 PM by AcidJazz »

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2011, 05:24:42 PM »
  Guys the only reason I got pissed off  was that I asked to wait so I could talk a bit about it first as the dealer. Didn't think that was asking to much. That's all. All water under the bridge for me.

Whaat...there was a 'fight', and I missed it?  :lol:
I missed the demo on the Maggies too...was I drunk and massed out under the sofa?  :duh   :rofl:

Oh well, only heard the Qol on the little Gallos.  :-|

Oh yes you missed it was a 30 second rant by me only. Over, done and hopefully forgotten.  :thumb:

charles
SMA
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #115 on: December 01, 2011, 06:32:04 AM »
   The Lenehan S2 that was demonstrated is a prototype. We appreciate your comments and want more. Good or bad. We cannot learn a thing without input.
   Since Mike Lenehan has made some changes in the crossover and internal bracing. Still a work in progress. When the final design is completed we will happy to demo again.
   What we are really excited about is the new ML2R with 8" bass driver with Deuland caps and resistors. The S2 will be our entry level product at an introductory price of around $2800.

charles
SMA