Author Topic: the Grover Tour begins.  (Read 54905 times)

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
Re: the Grover Tour begins.
« Reply #75 on: February 29, 2012, 05:45:50 PM »
Last I heard (Feb 1st post above from Grover) is that he wanted them back to re-terminate.  :-k  We have to wait for Grover to re-emerge before we know anything.

My apologies, fellow AudioNervosan's.  This is the last time a tour will run like this here.
I really enjoy listening to music.

grover

« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2012, 07:55:58 AM »
Sorry Guys, just too busy. I plan to continue the tour this week. The cables have been re-terminated and are being burned in. Sometimes I just get swamped and have no options. People want their cables and paying customers take priority. I'm returning the re-terminated cables to Lissnr. I'm glad to have had the chance to reterminate the cables with the currently available connectors. I hope you guys can forgive this interruption and give my cables a listen, I know you'll find them interesting. A personal apology to you Carl.

Offline Lissnr

• Seeking Help
Re: the Grover Tour begins/re-continues
« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2012, 06:03:45 PM »
Hello all, I just received Grover's re-terminated I/C's yesterday... he sent me a 1M and a 2M pair which I am anxious to try out this wknd... will report back soon.   Stay tuned, Grant (Lissnr)

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
Re: the Grover Tour begins/re-continues
« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2012, 06:32:27 AM »
Hello all, I just received Grover's re-terminated I/C's yesterday... he sent me a 1M and a 2M pair which I am anxious to try out this wknd... will report back soon.   Stay tuned, Grant (Lissnr)

Hey Buddy,
I get them next to try out on my Tannoy system with my newly "Furutech'd" 300B SET monoblocks!

Walk em' over when you're done!

Thanks,
Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

grover

« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2012, 10:23:20 AM »
Hi guys, wonder why there is no information on the cables? Wonder where they are? To stimulate the appetite here's an email I got about them.

Hi Grover,
 Got the cables this morning and I have to say it was well with the wait. The new RCA's are the best I've heard. I have some Synergistic Research Apex that I'm going to be selling.
   Do you feel your cables get better with time and to what degree?
 Thanks again, Grover - I'm very very impressed.
 John M

Those are $4000 cables........ I'd sure like to keep the tour moving.

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2012, 02:33:19 PM »
It's been a month since anyone said anything about these cords, any movement?  Is the tour still going?
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline mboldda1

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2012, 09:23:32 AM »
this puppy is dead.  grover, get your cables back and try another route....maybe reviewers? :roll: or send it to the top dog in the regional clubs and let them bring the cables to one of their meetings to get some discussions that way.
Freelance Reviewer For StereoMojo  System: http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vopin&1162599347

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2012, 12:34:33 PM »
Let's not blame the puppy. People were generous with their audition time and postage fees. The early lukewarm reviews did not inspire excitement, nor did the mfg recall midstream to change the design.

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2012, 04:05:31 PM »
Gentlemen,
I have Grover's cables & I have been in contact with Grover on where to send his newly terminated cables...

Unfortunately, my wheelchair-bound mother-in-law, who suffered a stroke, has been staying with us in our guest room (which is "unofficially" called the Tannoy room with my 300B SET monos, 171A preamp & Philips SACD player). It is also my main audio "testing room". That, combined with my 4 kids currently in 5 sports leagues along with everything else (NY Audio show this past weekend, final college visits & decision for my oldest, power cable fabrication, etc.) has left ZERO time for me to evaluate his IC cables. Also, my main system room with the plasma TV has been dominated by other family members due to our Nana situation... Yes, I am having SEVERE audio withdrawl... my daughter's AudioEngine iPod system sounds great right now!... my mother-in-law is with us until April 29th...

Doing the right thing,
Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

AcidJazz

« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2012, 09:27:08 PM »
Send it to me..pending Grover's approval of course.  :rofl:

I did want to hear the rebooted version.

Offline machinehead

• Affordable Web Design & Development
« Reply #85 on: April 29, 2012, 03:03:58 PM »
So do the samples on tour have balanced connectors. I have Grover's crash and was looking to try the new but balanced. Pete do you still have them?
Its cool ndude.

AcidJazz

« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2012, 09:47:25 PM »
This thread/tour went quiet...but I got the chance to really listen to the new Zx ICs(rebooted) and have to say Grover did an excellent job, well balanced sound, even up and down the whole audible spectrum, and lots of detail without any hint of sheen or ringing...really like their sound, gotta get me a pair.  :thumb:

Offline mboldda1

« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2012, 05:28:05 AM »
give us some system details and what you were comparing them to.
Freelance Reviewer For StereoMojo  System: http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vopin&1162599347

AcidJazz

« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2012, 07:59:14 PM »
give us some system details and what you were comparing them to.
See page 5(the previous page) here...http://www.audionervosa.com/index.php?topic=3505.60

What ever happened to the systems page?
My System: Philips 965 SACD changer/Yamaha 1800 SACD player>EE DAC> CAT SL1 Reference pre> Marchand Electronic crossover> Response Audio3201 Signature --->VMPS RM1 mid/hi (Xover fq. 250Hz) >Crown XTi1002--->VMPS RM1 twin 8" carbon-fiber bass drivers.
Vinyl source is a Dual 702 with Shure Vmr.

Offline mboldda1

« Reply #89 on: June 06, 2012, 11:03:32 PM »
should i even ask? :duh