Author Topic: ua100k - December Rave!  (Read 33333 times)

ua100k

ua100k - December Rave!
« on: November 04, 2010, 07:41:15 AM »
Hi,

I might be able to host the Jan 2011 Dec 2010 Rave. I am not sure if there is interest in my systems - nothing fancy or esotheric. You can bring your DACs and source to try out. It would be more to get together.

Let me know.

Systems.

Legacy Classic Speakers, Mark Levinson 332 amp, PS Audio Perfect Wave DAC, Nobu Tablet as source(Date from NAS). All 99.995% silver cabling.

Dali 400 MkI (NOS) Speakers, Audio Experience A1 (YS Audio from HK) Tube pre-amp, Proceed HPA2 Amp, TerDak Terlink2 USB to optical SPDIF, Beheringer 2496 as DAC, HP computer as source (Data from NAS)

Legacy Classic (original) speakers, McIntosh C710 Pre-amp, McIntosh Mc150 Amp - Used as HT but I can hook this up as a digital system easily.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 11:45:18 AM by Barry (NJ) »

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
January Rave!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 08:00:55 AM »
Another Legacy fan!! Welcome to AudioNervosa!
Rich

evan1

January Rave!
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 08:34:50 AM »
who are you  and where you located

Offline Barry (NJ)

January Rave!
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 09:08:56 AM »
Hi,

I might be able to host the Jan 2011 Rave. I am not sure if there is interest in my systems - nothing fancy or esotheric. You can bring your DACs and source to try out. It would be more to get together.

Let me know.

Seems to me like you've got some pretty nice systems/equipment, and I'd love to give 'em a listen.

Best, Barry
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 09:29:21 AM by Barry (NJ) »
Happiness is when your system overcomes your nervosa ;) 
So much media, so little time... My Media Room...

evan1

Re: ua100k January Rave!
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 01:40:03 PM »
I'll be up for it . I would like to hear the Perect Wave Dac again. Did you get the Bridge for it ? Any location on this yet ?

Offline Response Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Build your system for yourself, not the critics
    • Response Audio
Re: ua100k January Rave!
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 08:18:47 PM »
ua100K - where are you located?

That is a very nice list of equipment you have there.
Design Engineer
Response Audio NY
Custom Vacuum Tube Deaign
www.ResponseAudioNY.com

ua100k

Re: ua100k - December Rave!
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 11:43:54 AM »
Sorry for the long delay in responding. Here are all the answers. Sorry if I left anyone out.

Legacy speakers do very well. They are not terribly well known. I locked on to them , believe it or not, 14 years ago.

I did not get the bridge for the PS Audio Perfect way. I did not think it was worth it. What I did was to get a Tablet PC and I use the USB output from that. I use Media Monkey  on the tablet PC with asio driver as the media manager. I felt this was much better then the bridge which was expensive and the display hard to read. I also got 1 Terbyte NAS drive that has DLNA capability so I can centralize the information from anywhere. The tablet PC also allows remote access. I have not set this up, however I will be able to access this from any other table PC or smart phone anywhere in the hour or another computer to manage the music playing.

I am located in NJ, midway between 78 and 80 just off 287. It is about 40 minutes from NYC, Suffern, New Hope/Lambertville and Princeton.

The wife/Boss suggessted that I have the Rave on Dec 11th. Sorry for the change. We will make this a Christmas event as well. Start around 12pm, till 5-6pm. Which ever works for you. I am trying to get some Channel Island Digital amps, hopefully they are here by then. It will be fun to try USB DAC's.

BTW, I use my Prefect Wave DAC as a pre-amp, trying to reduce the signal path to as little components as possible.

Hope to see everyone here.

evan1

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 12:38:15 PM »
Sounds good to me. 5 or 6 ? I guess being new you never heard about the "MIDNIGHT HOUR". But you will :thumb:

Offline Barry (NJ)

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 02:05:58 PM »
Sounds good to me. 5 or 6 ? I guess being new you never heard about the "MIDNIGHT HOUR". But you will :thumb:

Evan, don't scare the new guy!!!  :duh

Ravers are always respectful of a hosts time wishes  :thumb:

With that said, a few of the die-hard ravers sometimes rave into the wee hours of the night, if the host is amicable to the occurrence.
It usually is the best listening ;)
Happiness is when your system overcomes your nervosa ;) 
So much media, so little time... My Media Room...

evan1

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 02:31:08 PM »

Evan, don't scare the new guy!!!  :duh

Ravers are always respectful of a hosts time wishes  :thumb:

With that said, a few of the die-hard ravers sometimes rave into the wee hours of the night, if the host is amicable to the occurrence.
It usually is the best listening ;)

I forgot Barry's wife has to put him to sleep by 7pm

ua100k

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 04:09:21 PM »
Wishfull thinking. Long gone are the days of going till the wee hours of the morning. I got 2 young kids so will have to end well before midnight. Very sorry.  For the midnighters, come early - 5am. We will be awake!!

lonewolfny42

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010, 05:37:53 PM »

Let's get it right....the "Magic Hour" ...can happen ....anytime.  :beer:

AcidJazz

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2010, 09:33:53 PM »
Hey we can always stop over at Evans' after to hear all the new stuff he got...new speakers, new preamp, new amp, new everything.  :rofl:
Say...7pm to midnite...huh.

evan1

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2010, 01:21:44 AM »
Hey we can always stop over at Evans' after to hear all the new stuff he got...new speakers, new preamp, new amp, new everything.  :rofl:
Say...7pm to midnite...huh.

Only thing new is speakers and borrowing your cigar box with volume control

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2010, 02:58:51 AM »
I got the new cigar box with volume controls, this time the Bent remote kit!

Very nice

I could bring that over for a listen, very slick looking!
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.