Author Topic: Multichannel hiFace USB  (Read 3195 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Multichannel hiFace USB
« on: December 24, 2011, 12:30:47 PM »
Can I use multiple M2Tech hiFace USB>SPDIF interfaces for multichannel digital output? Will the samples be syncronized on all outputs?

Does it matter if I use the USB ports on the system board, or can I use a good quality USB hub?

Do you know of any other quality USB>SPDIF output devices?  I am aware of Lynx AES16e, but I want USB and standard cable connections.

Thanks for any opinions!
Rich

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Multichannel hiFace USB
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 09:58:29 AM »
If you have software that lets you choose to use multiple output devices at the same time, it should work. But I don't know of any software that allows that. Media players generally do not.
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline richidoo

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 10:05:08 AM »
Thanks Carl. Multichannel software allows assigning each output channel, usually in pairs.

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 11:42:39 AM »
The devices may have the exact same name also. Might be a little confusing initially.  I am borrowing 1 so if you have one, we can experiment.
C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline richidoo

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 12:52:00 PM »
No I don't have one. I'll use my pro 10ch card to get started with active crossover, as I did with the OB speaker. But if it works out, I'd want to stick with the Sabre DACs. I don't think that a USB hiface and a firewire pro card would sync perfectly. I think there needs to be a common clock. Not sure how much reclocking hiface does, that's what I need to learn. Probably the easy way won't work.

mgalusha

Re: Re: Multichannel hiFace USB
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 05:30:58 AM »
The exa devices exau2i will support from two to eight channels and was designed with the sabre chips in mind, the downside is they are almost $500 shipped.

Exadevices.com

Mike

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Offline richidoo

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 05:34:51 AM »
Thanks Mike, I was trying to remember the name of that thing.