Author Topic: Revisiting Old friends  (Read 2456 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Revisiting Old friends
« on: March 10, 2010, 09:55:29 AM »
  So made some changes over the years. Have cables, tweaks, tubes, gear in the closet. Well one might be surprised to rediscover those pieces.
  Recently as we all know my amps are being rebuilt. In the intrem a AR Classic 60 was inserted into the system. I gave PP design in favor of SET. With a tube change[ back to original] and the Classic 60 the push pull is not pushing me away as before. An old pair of Tara Space & Time speaker cables tied it all together. The Omega Mikro my long time favorite are just to lively for the AR. The AR being a bit forward to begin with Omegas a tad to much. The Taras brought it all together.
  so I brought out the plethora of ICs tubes and gotta tell ya so far so good. It has me thinking again of resurrecting the AR 250 Servo Mk2 . The reason for its removal was 32 tubes to be replaced and mostly because of the high sensitivity of the Pipedreams tube rush was very audible. The sound though was powerfull and a bit bright. Yes tube selection cured that IL but da dam tubes are priced very high. With the Maggies it sings.
  Soon hopefully the consonance amps will be ready and the Nervosa of breaking in for 200 hrs[ Carlman I'm with you ] tube selection , cables.
  Change brings more change. It is inevitable. So the stuff you thought was no longer your cup of tea and in the closet. Try it again with your latest rig, you may be quite surprised.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Barry (NJ)

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Revisiting Old friends
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 12:34:47 PM »
Sounds like you've got really nice stuff hiding in your closet...
Happiness is when your system overcomes your nervosa ;) 
So much media, so little time... My Media Room...

Offline mfsoa

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 12:56:47 PM »
The Tara SCc and ICs have never failed to smooth (or oversmooth) my system. Strange family similarity at work. Really nice in the right situation but snoozers if wrong...

-Mike

Deton Nation

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 01:28:56 PM »
im stalking you!
:-P