Author Topic: AN down this morning!  (Read 2982 times)

shep

AN down this morning!
« on: January 31, 2010, 02:18:23 AM »
I hate it when this happens...gives me the creeps.

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
Re: AN down this morning!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 02:06:06 PM »
Very sorry about today's unexpected outtage... I don't have a complete answer but the hosting company is to blame.  We have had a pretty good run with them lately.  And initially I wasn't too upset.. but an ALL DAY outtage is very upsetting to me.  

I'm working on other options and have asked our hosting company to give me a reason to stay with them.

Thanks for your patience,
Carl
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 09:13:38 PM »
Carl,

Just for your information -  they system was not down this morning, but it was very SLOW. When I uploaded my post at 10:03 this morning I was doing a few things around the house, so I clicked on something and went about my business checking back periodically to see the the page I requested had downloaded to my PC. They did download, but each page took 5 minutes or more. Now I realize that at 5 min/page the system might as well be completely down, but knowing that it wasn't dead, just resting in between transmissions might help you figure out exactly what went wrong.

Tom
Remember, it's all about the music........

Nola Boxers
Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
McIntosh MC 275
ARC SP-9
VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Sumiko Blue Pt. Special
Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Bluesound Node/Pioneer DV 563A
DigiBuss/TWL PC/MIT Cable

shep

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 04:44:52 AM »
No big deal Carl, it's just that I've been used to seamless connection for so long...teach me to be so dependant :duh