Author Topic: Hey I just saw someone else introduce themselves... so I will too!  (Read 8037 times)

Deton Nation

Hey I just saw someone else introduce themselves... so I will too!
« on: September 03, 2009, 07:49:35 AM »
My name is Mike.... I have some Merlin VSM MXs which sound divine powered by Nuforce 9SEv2s, a Supratek Sauvignon preamp, Bryston BDA-1 DAC (superb) and a Squeezebox 3 with all my music on HD in ALAC format on a Mac. I am in advertising, and Im very good at what I do. ;) Im funny, sometimes veer on the side of outlandish, I am also honest, to the point and down to earth. A big fan of the Grateful Dead, but I listen to every genre of music! No Im not looking for a date. lol. Just wanted to say hi!
Mike
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 07:53:36 AM by Deton Nation »

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: Hey I just saw someone else introduce themselves... so I will too!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 08:46:40 AM »
Welcome Mike!

I'm sure you'll fit in well here. Good sense of humor, good communicator, tube preamp, you are the perfect AN candidate.

Sounds like you got a very, VERY nice system. Tell us about it, what you like, what you don't?

Feel free to participate in any conversations that strike your fancy, and post some pictures in the Gallery.
Rich

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 09:43:07 AM »
Welcome Mike!

I'm sure you'll fit in well here. Good sense of humor, good communicator, tube preamp, you are the perfect AN candidate.

He's got another qualification that several others here can also lay claim to ... banned from Audio Circle.
 :D/ [-( :wtf:

Lets give Mike a great big AN "Hello"  :yay2:
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 10:17:10 AM »
Cool, glad to have you.. don't know the history at AC, and probably don't want to.. We don't have a lot of rules.. There are a couple.. no religion or politics.. and treat all AN members w/ respect.  That's pretty much it at the moment. 

I've enjoyed your posts so far.. even bought a cd based on your album review. :)

I've got a degree in Ad/PR and do professional photography, web design, Ecommerce, and Systems Integration.  Let me know if you need something.  I can probably do it... and do it well. ;)  (I figure, hey, while we're tooting our own horns, why not?.. ;) )

Hope you enjoy it here,
Carl

I really enjoy listening to music.

Deton Nation

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 11:18:43 AM »
So true, I am a big believer in self tooting! And I wasnt bad in my previous life... so no worries.

Also that album by Sarah Jarosz is really great.. the whole thing which is unusual.

I am not a big fan of indie music.... or country. But give me some bluegrass or jazz or even metal.
HEres my rundown on indie... I was thinking about it and trying to figure out whether Im getting old (41) or I have a legitimate argument. Indie is about tapping into some kind of emotion, splashing around in it. Saying yeah isnt this fun, but theres no message or direction attached. Isnt there supposed to be a bigger picture? Its uprooted too but takes liberally from any genre of music liberally without calling it by name.

Thats not too esoteric is it? Anyways... lol
Peace.
Mike

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Did I get it all?
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 02:16:33 PM »
Welcome Mike

I've always enjoyed your posts in the past.  I have a pretty thick skin and am always interested in a 'different' point of view or expression.

Enjoy it here.  Great bunch of guys.  Bring some others with you as we grow.

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

Deton Nation

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 04:45:45 PM »
Thanks! I am a little different, but thats what makes living great. Meeting different people, but being yourself in the process.

Deton Nation

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2009, 04:47:16 PM »
Hey This seems to be the forum software that AC used to be run on. I like it much better.

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2009, 06:13:04 PM »
Hey This seems to be the forum software that AC used to be run on. I like it much better.
I think we both use the same base code (SMF), AC has customized it a lot.. they have a lot of cool features.  I don't have the time to devote to do that.. but we do have some cool options.. like a gallery that accepts video and you can attach an image to a post if you check out the 'Additional Options' section below the posting area.
-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Deton Nation

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 06:54:25 PM »
cool thanks.
Mike

lonewolfny42

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 08:18:55 PM »
Crazy Mike....what's up ? :yay2:

Looks like you went to town posting on AC....plenty(23) were moved to the trash bin.

Was it a slow day at work ?  :duh

What set you off ???
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 08:28:16 PM by lonewolfny42 »

Offline Emil

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2009, 09:05:53 PM »
Thanks! I am a little different, but thats what makes living great. Meeting different people, but being yourself in the process.

Hopefully here you can be yourself, Mikey
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6pvm9Dcjzo

This song is so about you....
"Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.
I got to say it was a good day"
    --Ice Cube

shep

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 01:20:44 AM »
Welcome! I represent the senior citizen segment and if they they let me dither and dodder you gotta figure there's a high degree of tolerance on AN! AC has become like an audio version of Times Square (with the traffic). AN is like a quiet Sunday morning in a provincial French town.

Offline rollo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 07:23:37 AM »
Hey Mike,
             Welcome. A mellow place to hangout.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm - Aqua Acoustic Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm Speakers - PI Audio Uberbuss - Triode Wire Labs- Kuzma - Furutech - Audio Hungry Qualiton - Fritz Carrera speakers -Gigawatt-Arion

Deton Nation

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2009, 07:34:02 AM »
Thanks for making me feel welcome!!!
M