Author Topic: Where is Mike Now ?  (Read 186597 times)

Offline lonewolfny42

• Audio Neurotic
  • Listen To The Music...
Where is Mike Now ?
« on: June 11, 2009, 10:20:36 PM »
Has anyone heard from Mike (Smith) ?

Seems he's not around lately (here or there)...
..............always enjoyed his posts and reviews... :beer:

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Did I get it all?
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
Re: Where is Mike Now ?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 04:38:26 AM »
I was thinking about him the other day.  Seems to have fallen off the face of the earth.

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

Offline Bigfish8

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 05:45:15 AM »
Has anyone heard from Mike (Smith) ?

Seems he's not around lately (here or there)...
..............always enjoyed his posts and reviews... :beer:

I actually asked at one of our recent G2G's if anyone had heard anything from Mike and everyone said no.  I hope he is doing okay and will again share his audio knowledge with us in the future.

Ken
"Give a Man a Fish and he will eat for a day.  Teach a Man to Fish and he will sit in a boat and drink Beer all day."

Offline Black Sand Cable

• Obsessively Audiophilic
    • Black Sand Cable
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 09:08:03 PM »
So.....has anybody heard from him?
www.blacksandcable.ca
sales@blacksandcable.ca
www.blacksandaudio.ca
sales@blacksandaudio.ca

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 07:17:06 AM »
I've emailed him a few times, but no answer. Last I looked a few months ago his company website said he still worked there. He had made a couple short test drop outs prior to the final sayonara.  Mike is a great guy, always very kind and encouraging to me. A little feisty when someone started making trouble - I liked that. Maybe he'll get the itch again someday.
"Lovers' eyes are blessed, only see the best..." - Maurice White

Offline miklorsmith

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 08:40:20 AM »
Hey guys, not dead.  The last year has been brutal for me.  I've undergone (still undergoing) just about every stressful thing a person can endure - constant stress about my business failing, huge paycuts, no sick time/vacation, possibly losing my house, marital difficulties.  

I still have my health though!

I'm still playing around with the gear I have.  It's moved from my big, dedicated space to a shared room about 1/4 the size to make room for renters.  I've made a ton of interesting finds but haven't wanted to jump back into the pool with everyone.  Honestly I got sick of the noise on the boards too.  If I stayed here only that wouldn't have happened but c'est la vie.

I've spent time getting my music organized, album art dialed in, tagging figured out, and keeping the new Squeezebox software running.  I played around with the Inguz software, I'm not done with it but not convinced it's transparent which is a shame, my 8" homebuilt single-drivers with EQ'd subs are WAY closer to the Definitions than anyone could predict.

Anyway, thanks for the interest.  I'll probably be around AN a little and will lurk elsewhere but I'm nowhere near able nor willing to burn life-units at AC or Agon or anywhere else.

Happy New Year everyone, let's hope 2010 brings good things to all of us.

Mike
Head in the clouds, feet on the ground

Offline mgalusha

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 08:59:39 AM »
Glad to know you're still alive and kicking. Hope 2010 treats you (and the rest of us) better than 2009 did.

Mike G.
"I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music."
        George Eliot

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Did I get it all?
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 09:05:56 AM »
Good to hear from you Mike.  Sorry to hear about the life problems.  I know the feeling as I got laid off from my day job in mid December - just doing the acoustics stuff now full time.  Lots more stressful when it's the full time gig rather than a full time side job  8-[

Keep in touch.  Hope everything works out well for you.

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

Offline richidoo

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 09:56:39 AM »
Thanks for checking in Mike. I'm glad to hear you're OK. We miss you. Hope you're back in usual form asap.  Audio is way down the list of priorities for me too.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2010, 10:43:16 AM »
... Audio is way down the list of priorities for me too.

Blasphemy!  :rofl:

But life does have a tendency to insert itself in a rude and unseemly manner when least expected or desired.

Offline richidoo

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2010, 12:18:28 PM »
OK... it's not WAY down.  But a little less than before. ;) Like Rob S. said a few weeks back, it's a crazy world.

Offline Bigfish8

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2010, 05:11:20 PM »
Hi Mike:

It is really good to learn you are still live and kicking! :thumb:  I am sorry to hear that 2009 was a very bad for you and hope things will be brighter soon.  I have certainly missed reading your comments about gear and look forward to your future participation.

Ken
"Give a Man a Fish and he will eat for a day.  Teach a Man to Fish and he will sit in a boat and drink Beer all day."