Author Topic: Gamut  (Read 11724 times)

Black Sand Cable

Gamut
« on: March 30, 2008, 11:11:09 PM »
I'm not sure how many of you have heard of Gamut speakers (I hadn't until very recently) but I had a chance to spend some time with the L-3's and L-7's this weekend and I must admit that I came away wanting a pair.

I hate saying shit like this but I have owned and heard a lot of speakers in my day and the Gamuts went to the top of my "I really want a pair" list. It will never happen as they are way more than I would ever spend on a set of speakers but dam they are nice! I now get what all the fuss is about when it comes to ScanSpeak drivers!  :D

http://www.gamutaudio.com/products/category.asp?cat=5

Mike L

Re: Gamut
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 03:12:54 AM »
I exchanged an email with my dealer last night and he said that there was someone from Regina over listening to some Gamuts.  Were you said person?  I have heard the L7 and L3 as well.  It is amazing how similiar they are.  That L3 is the best bookshelf I have ever heard.

Mike

Brian Bunge

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 07:09:21 AM »
The L series are the inspiration for a new line of speakers I'm working on.  They will probably not have the angled baffles and backs, but they will have curved sides similar to the Gamuts.

I started a thread yesterday down in the manufacturers announcements forum with some preliminary pics.

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 12:19:31 PM »
I exchanged an email with my dealer last night and he said that there was someone from Regina over listening to some Gamuts.  Were you said person?  I have heard the L7 and L3 as well.  It is amazing how similiar they are.  That L3 is the best bookshelf I have ever heard.

Mike

Hey Mike,

Yeah that was me hanging out with Gary!