Author Topic: Speakers you want/need to hear  (Read 31535 times)

evan1

Offline JLM

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: Speakers you want/need to hear
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2011, 05:01:11 PM »
The Lawrence Audio Violins appear to be designed for nearfield while standing up.   :?

And the primary surfaces you that wouldn't want to be parallel are the front baffle and back wall.  Yet they advertize non are.   :?

Wonder what drivers are used?

jsaliga

« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2011, 05:48:26 PM »
Big, beefy, adequately "full-range" for my purposes, nicely efficient, and best of all designer / builder Duke LeJeune understands the issue of room acoustics / interaction and factors those concerns into his designs. All of his stuff is of interest to me and I'd love to be able to listen, and scratch this particular itch! - String

http://www.audiokinesis.com/index.html

I went with a custom Planetarium Alpha setup from Duke.  These speakers have integrated down firing subs and come with a seperate amp to drive them.

After owning them for several months I spoke to Duke and added a pair of satellite subs so now I basically have the Swarm.  I have been listening to these speakers for almost a year now and am very pleased.  I won't say you would be happy with a pair of Jazz Modules because one can't really know how someone else will judge a speaker.  But I will say that Duke is terrific to deal with.  And from what I have seen everyone who owns a pair of his speakers has nothing but great things to say about them.

My setup is a little more expensive than the Jazz modules.  The base system was $6,000 (they might have gone up a little since I bought them) and the pair of satellite subs added another $1,200.  It really is a sweet sounding setup.  Cymbals and brass are so life-like with these speakers.

I'd like to think these will be the last speakers I'll buy.  But I honestly felt that way with my Omega Max Hemps so never say never.

--Jerome
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 05:51:09 PM by jsaliga »

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2011, 06:42:47 AM »
 Looking good Jerome. Enjoy !!!!

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.