Author Topic: Dynavoice Speakers (Sweden)  (Read 5786 times)

Black Sand Cable

Dynavoice Speakers (Sweden)
« on: June 08, 2010, 12:32:24 PM »
Has anybody ever heard a pair of these?

They are expanding into North America and the new distributor is sending me a pair of Definition DF5's and Definition DF6's in Black to try out with no strings attached. On the surface they are interesting as they are using a ribbon and a softdome which is something I have never heard before.

http://www.dynavoice.se/

Offline allenzachary

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: Dynavoice Speakers (Sweden)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 01:16:50 PM »
They look nice.

Twenty years ago, I used to sell Jamo speakers, made in Denmark.  We considered trying to market them under a different use: high frequency paint removal systems. They were painful to listen to, with a shrill and piercing upper frequency spectrum.

I've found that speakers tend to have regional accents, like people.  New England speakers (Advent, [original] Boston Acoustics, Bose) tend to be uptight and pinched off.  British (B&W, Kef, Mission, Monitor Audio) are oh-so-polite.  German: (Braun, MB Quart, Canton) are precise to the point of being annoying, etc.
I hope that Scandinavian speakers, for the sake of these cute little guys, don't fall under the same pattern.

What's the retail on them?

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 01:57:42 PM »
I agree with your thoughts on speakers having regional accents. One line from Germany that kind of breaks the mold just a little is Elac. I currently have a pair of FS208 Anniversary Edition's and thankfully they are not to overly precise. They are accurate but not to the point of say Thiel.

As for pricing, DF5's are supposed to hit the market at $2500.00 and the bigger DF6 comes in at $3300.00.

From a pure looks and on paper standpoint, the price actually isn't bad.

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 07:16:02 AM »
Why aren't Linn's cheap?  Aren't they made in Scotland? ;)
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline allenzachary

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 06:05:31 PM »
Yes...but they're not cheap.  They are intoxicating and difficult to understand.  Ay, Laddie?