Author Topic: Digital Music Seminar at Audio Advice  (Read 11315 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Digital Music Seminar at Audio Advice
« on: July 27, 2007, 12:43:03 PM »
Got this email announcement from my local dealer today. Might be of interest to local Trianglers. I usually go for the food, Bella Monica is one of my wife's favorite restaurants. At the previous event at Audio Advice I met Peter McGrath and John Atkinson.

"Hi Rich -

I wanted to take a quick moment and invite you to an event we are having next week Thursday.  We will be showcasing a number of different ways to use mass storage devices (such as computers and specialized servers) to store your media, and how to optimize the performance of those storage devices.  Featured products will include a new Musical Fidelity DAC and Integrated amp with built-in DAC, both offering USB connectivity, the Kaleidescape movie and music server, and Request Multimedia music servers.  We will be using computers as well, and show innovative ways to connect different components together to allow your music to travel from one device to another.  Representatives from Musical Fidelity, Kaleidescape, Request and Apple will be here talking and giving demonstrations about a variety of topics. 

If you have some free time, it would great if you could join us!  It is Thursday, August 2, from 5-8.  We will also have food from Bella Monica Italian restaurant.  If you think you can make it, drop me an email and I will RSVP for you.  Feel free to bring friends as well.  If you can't make it, pass the email along to someone who might be interested in coming.

Look forward to seeing you -
Brandon"

Bigfish8

Re: Digital Music Seminar at Audio Advice
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 06:12:05 AM »
Got this email announcement from my local dealer today. Might be of interest to local Trianglers. I usually go for the food, Bella Monica is one of my wife's favorite restaurants. At the previous event at Audio Advice I met Peter McGrath and John Atkinson.

"Hi Rich -

I wanted to take a quick moment and invite you to an event we are having next week Thursday.  We will be showcasing a number of different ways to use mass storage devices (such as computers and specialized servers) to store your media, and how to optimize the performance of those storage devices.  Featured products will include a new Musical Fidelity DAC and Integrated amp with built-in DAC, both offering USB connectivity, the Kaleidescape movie and music server, and Request Multimedia music servers.  We will be using computers as well, and show innovative ways to connect different components together to allow your music to travel from one device to another.  Representatives from Musical Fidelity, Kaleidescape, Request and Apple will be here talking and giving demonstrations about a variety of topics. 

If you have some free time, it would great if you could join us!  It is Thursday, August 2, from 5-8.  We will also have food from Bella Monica Italian restaurant.  If you think you can make it, drop me an email and I will RSVP for you.  Feel free to bring friends as well.  If you can't make it, pass the email along to someone who might be interested in coming.

Look forward to seeing you -
Brandon"

Hi Rich:

Did you make it to the event at Audio Advice?  If you did comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: Digital Music Seminar at Audio Advice
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 07:04:47 AM »
I'm sorry, but I did not go. Just didn't feel like it, and came down with a cold a couple days later. Network music playing didn't really draw me in, since I already do it. I'm sure it was a great presentation, though. They have some smart guys working there.
Rich