Author Topic: Fully Modded Jolida JD100A  (Read 10724 times)

Offline Bunky

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Fully Modded Jolida JD100A
« on: March 25, 2007, 07:31:59 AM »
My friendly local Rega Dealer told me that it would take me two weeks from the time that i ordered it to get my Apollo CDP. i called him this week to inquire when i could pick up the Apollo. he tells me that he has some silver ones coming thru next week if i am interested. i told him that i ordered mine in black and that he had told me previosly that it would take two weeks and now he was telling me he could get me one in silver in three weeks and he says that it has been taking between three to four weeks to get them from the time that he orders them.this means that when he quoted that he could get me a black Apollo in two weeks that he was intentionaly Lying to me to get a Sale. Screw Him!i just called Hot Rod Audio Mods in Ga this past Friday and Ordered a maxed out stage 3+ Jolida JD100A in Black. the Level 3+ unit comes with WBT RCAs,a matched pair of Pearl 12AX7A cryrovalves Blackgates,Fairchild ultra fast soft recovery diodes, Relcaps, Sonicap Platinums, DH Labs silver wiring with foamed teflon insulation, the top cover is internally covered with Stardamp copper layered dampening material which also shields RFI. it also comes with a Tent Labs clock and a Tent Labs discreet clock power supply. Guido Tent is an Electrical Engineer and one of the Digital Gurus @ the DIY Audio website and his clocks are supposed to be some of the best made.i still may buy a Rega Saturn in the near future but this new toy should sound really good in the meantime :D
Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best.
-- Frank Zappa

WEEZ

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 10:48:45 AM »
WOW. can't wait to hear the report!

WEEZ

Offline Bunky

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 04:17:52 PM »
I recieved the H.R.A.M Stage 3+ Modded Jolida JD100A on thursday of last week and i am extremely pleased with the sound of this CD player.this player is detailed but very smooth and sounds quite a bit better than my Audio Aero Prima MkII CDP which enjoys a Fine reputation for it's Redbook performance. thanks....WCW III
Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best.
-- Frank Zappa

WEEZ

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 06:26:24 PM »
The obvious question...anxious to hear a comparison between the Jolida and the Apollo. My guess is, that while different from each other, it will be hard to pick a favorite.

WEEZ

Offline Bunky

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 03:46:18 PM »
Quote from: "WEEZ"
The obvious question...anxious to hear a comparison between the Jolida and the Apollo. My guess is, that while different from each other, it will be hard to pick a favorite.

WEEZ
Hey WEEZ, i really wanted to fall head over heels in love with the Rega Apollo but it never happened :cry:  i have never heard a stock JD100A to use as a comparison, but the H.R.A.M Stage 3+ JD100A is a fine Redbook CD player that displays no hint of digital harshness that will without a doubt ultimately lead to listener fatigue. i am having alot of fun with this CD player and it conveys music in a very detailed but smooth fashion . it makes me want to keep on listening to a wide variety of discs. i am going to contact the Rega Dealer and see if i can trade the Apollo in on a Rega turntable.  8)   thanks....WCW III
-- Frank Zappa

WEEZ

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 04:11:35 PM »
Well, that would be a good trade, I reckon. :)

Rumor has it that Rega is introducing a 'new' P3....maybe you can trade even-up? Glad you're happy!

WEEZ