Author Topic: Triode Wire Labs at the New York Audio Show, November 4-6!!!  (Read 11228 times)

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
Triode Wire Labs at the New York Audio Show, November 4-6!!!
« on: October 31, 2016, 04:44:42 PM »
Triode Wire Labs is very pleased to be teaming up with Vinnie Rossi, Volti Audio and Acoustic Signature Turntables for the upcoming New York Audio Show 2016, this Friday, Saturday & Sunday, November 4th – 6th!

The New York Audio Show (https://www.chestergroup.org/newyorkaudioshow/2016) will take place at the luxurious Park Lane Hotel on Central Park South, one of Manhattan’s most prestigious locations. Vinnie will have his latest & greatest LIO DHT integrated as well as his VR-120 amplifier. Vinnie will also have his VR MINI (Vinnie is taking pre-orders starting tomorrow:
www.vinnierossi.com/mini), an isolated, ultra capacitor power supply with super-regulated output.  The one that Vinnie will have for the show is a pre-production prototype.

We will also be partnering with Greg Roberts from Volti Audio and Walter Swanbon from Fidelis Audio Video. Greg will be bringing a gorgeous Rosewood pair of his new Volti "Rival" loudspeakers & Walter will be bringing a special Acoustic Signature turntable.

This will be a blast!   :beer:  Libations will be served once again, as usual! :beer:

Cheers,
Pete
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 04:53:50 PM by Triode Pete »
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Triode Wire Labs at the New York Audio Show, November 4-6!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 04:26:53 AM »
Remember, Sunday is the NY Marathon, so the area will be a mess. Go on Friday or Saturday if you can.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline Putz

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 08:04:25 AM »
Will see you on Saturday Pete. Please have my cocktail ready for me. I like it neat.

Paul

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 06:50:52 PM »
As usual, the sound in the Triode Wire Labs room with Vinnie Rossi, Volti Audio and Acoustic Signature was great! (Although, I'd love to hear the same set-up in a slightly larger room.)

The rest of the show was far from extraordinary.  :(  A few rooms besides Pete's sounded pretty good. Laufer Teknik, Martin Logan and Kii Audio (I think...???) if they were the fully self powered speakers with built in DAC's. Edit: I forgot to include the room with the big horns in it. Don't remember the manufacturer, but they sounded real good.

NOTHING made me say to myself, I wish I had that/those regardless of the cost. The one lone item that stood out as a "wow" to me in the whole show was a "pop & click" eliminator for LP playback from Sweet Vinyl.

Possibly it was because it was day#1 and everything wasn't dialed in quite right yet or maybe I'm just getting beyond my lifelong Nervosa...???  Either way, I can honestly say this is the first time EVER that I came home from an audio show and felt there wasn't anything I heard there that I'd like to "swap" into my existing system to make it better.

Maybe "the end is near"... Repent, all you Nervosians!!!  :rofl:

SN

« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 07:35:35 AM by StereoNut »
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 07:51:08 AM »
The new Volti's sounded really good. Perfect for a room that size.

I agree with Campy the other best sounds. Especially liked Laufer-Technik right next door to Pete.

The room with the big horns in it was Linear Tube Audio, at the end of the hall on floor 7. Good sound.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 07:53:49 AM by BobM »
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2016, 08:38:49 AM »
... I agree with Campy the other best sounds...

Great minds think (hear) alike!  :thumb:

SN

• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• T.W.L

Offline rpf

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2016, 03:14:11 PM »
As usual, the sound in the Triode Wire Labs room with Vinnie Rossi, Volti Audio and Acoustic Signature was great! (Although, I'd love to hear the same set-up in a slightly larger room.)

The rest of the show was far from extraordinary.  :(  A few rooms besides Pete's sounded pretty good. Laufer Teknik, Martin Logan and Kii Audio (I think...???) if they were the fully self powered speakers with built in DAC's. Edit: I forgot to include the room with the big horns in it. Don't remember the manufacturer, but they sounded real good.

NOTHING made me say to myself, I wish I had that/those regardless of the cost. The one lone item that stood out as a "wow" to me in the whole show was a "pop & click" eliminator for LP playback from Sweet Vinyl.

Possibly it was because it was day#1 and everything wasn't dialed in quite right yet or maybe I'm just getting beyond my lifelong Nervosa...???  Either way, I can honestly say this is the first time EVER that I came home from an audio show and felt there wasn't anything I heard there that I'd like to "swap" into my existing system to make it better.

Maybe "the end is near"... Repent, all you Nervosians!!!  :rofl:

SN

Sorry Bill, not, I think, until you've gotten a Lampizator DAC.  :lol:

I'm blown away by my Amber II.   :thumb:   Review soon. 
Mac Mini>Singxer SU-1>Lampizator Amber II>Rogue Cronus Magnum>Aural Acoustics Model B.
TWL PCs; Audio Envy ICs & SCs; Purist Digital IC; PI Audio USB Cable and Buss-Stop.
Sonos Connect, iFi SPDIF iPurifier, Schiit Modi Multibit, Audioengine 5+

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2016, 06:08:15 AM »
Sorry Bill, not, I think, until you've gotten a Lampizator DAC.  :lol:

I'm blown away by my Amber II.   :thumb:   Review soon. 

Is this what we're talking' about "Willis"?

http://www.lampizator.eu/Fikus/DAC_AMBER.html

SN

P.S. to Fred: You owe me one!  :lol:

• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• T.W.L

Offline rpf

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2016, 11:36:42 AM »
Yep.  |:D|
Mac Mini>Singxer SU-1>Lampizator Amber II>Rogue Cronus Magnum>Aural Acoustics Model B.
TWL PCs; Audio Envy ICs & SCs; Purist Digital IC; PI Audio USB Cable and Buss-Stop.
Sonos Connect, iFi SPDIF iPurifier, Schiit Modi Multibit, Audioengine 5+

Offline hogg

• Certifiable
Strong as an Ox and twice as smart

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2016, 01:03:49 PM »
Thanks, guys for your kind accolades!

Even Stereophile was in agreement with your assessment!

We were named TOP 3 at the show (and the most reasonably priced one as well)...

See http://www.stereophile.com/content/perspective#sihKblMEVEuZgVAa.97

"3: The Volti Audio/Vinnie Rossi/Triode Wire Labs/Fidelis room, which consisted of Rival, Volti's new compact horn speaker ($7900/pair), a Vinnie Rossi LIO integrated amplifier (with DHT PRE, custom configured; $10,280), and a Vinnie Rossi VR120 stereo power amplifier ($4995). The analog source included Acoustic Signature's Triple X turntable ($5795), TA-2000 tonearm ($2399), and Dynavector XX2 Mk.2 Cartridge ($1995). Triode Wire Labs cables were used throughout.

I thoroughly enjoyed Vinnie Rossi's room at RMAF2016, so I was excited to hear his amplifiers again at this show. We listened to some Elvis at first, which showed off the system's evenness and depth. I then requested jazz, and they put on "The Alternate Blues" from the Thorens 125th Anniversary LP, which featured Clark Terry, Freddie Hubbard, and Dizzy Gillespie. With jazz, over any other genre, balance is king—to me, at least. I was pleased to hear how well this system laid out the instruments, and how well defined Dizzy's horn (which can sometimes come off as muddy) sounded. It was a comfort system; nostalgic, deep, and enveloping.

These three rooms were not only my personal sonic favorites, but also the rooms that I saw making the best attempt at creating an entertaining, accepting atmosphere for everyone.

Remember: You're allowed to change your mind. You're allowed to be wrong. You're allowed to like Diana Krall. You're allowed to say, "I don't know." That is precisely what audio shows are for: exposure, self-discovery, and letting change happen. Or not."

Cheers,  :thumb:
Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS