Author Topic: PIAUDIO BETABUSS  (Read 31070 times)

djdube525

Re: PIAUDIO BETABUSS
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2018, 06:40:24 PM »
i start a new job and my 1st project is to oversee the installation of a 5mw solar grid for nist.

Out of curiosity... NIST in Boulder, CO or MD?

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2018, 06:48:57 PM »
Start by educating yourself:

Thanks for the info TrueAudio! My wife's head while sleeping is 4 feet from the smart meter.  :shock:

Offline dBe

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2018, 10:56:58 AM »
i start a new job and my 1st project is to oversee the installation of a 5mw solar grid for nist.

Out of curiosity... NIST in Boulder, CO or MD?
gaithersburg, md; which is 25-32 miles from my house (depending on the route); which means about a 45 minute commute; the shortest i have had in years!  i will also be involved w/a smaller set-up in quantico, va, but i won't have to go there more than 1-2 times/month.

doug s.
Great to see you got a good gig, Doug  :thumb:

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2018, 12:45:21 PM »
Start by educating yourself:

Thanks for the info TrueAudio! My wife's head while sleeping is 4 feet from the smart meter.  :shock:

Richidoo not good move the bed or meter. I repeat not good. I know you know so move that bed. Get a Guass meter and measure that field. You will be shocked as to the amount.

charles

contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline richidoo

« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2018, 04:05:08 PM »
  Richidoo not good move the bed or meter. I repeat not good. I know you know so move that bed. Get a Guass meter and measure that field. You will be shocked as to the amount.

Thanks Charlie, yes I'm working on fixing it. Gonna get a meter to measure RF, then try faraday cage over the meter. Only the glass fishbowl part is not solid steel box, so that's where the 900MHz signal gets out. It broadcasts a very high power signal.

Offline dBe

« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2018, 05:12:41 PM »

Thanks Charlie, yes I'm working on fixing it. Gonna get a meter to measure RF, then try faraday cage over the meter. Only the glass fishbowl part is not solid steel box, so that's where the 900MHz signal gets out. It broadcasts a very high power signal.
You can download a gauss meter that is pretty darned good from:

Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.keuwl.gaussmeter&hl=en_US

iPhone - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gaussmeter-teslameter/id930488579?mt=8

You will be amazed at the EMI/RFI hell that we live in!   :shock:

Offline richidoo

« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2018, 08:37:22 PM »
Thanks Dave. As I understand it you need a RF meter to check the smart meter emissions and they cost more than ghostbuster magnetic and electric field meters on amazon. But I found a rental  :lol:  Sorry for the hijack

Offline dBe

« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2018, 11:22:26 AM »
Thanks Dave. As I understand it you need a RF meter to check the smart meter emissions and they cost more than ghostbuster magnetic and electric field meters on amazon. But I found a rental  :lol:  Sorry for the hijack
Not a hijack by any means, but what I would call an adjunct.   :)

Offline dBe

« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2018, 10:58:00 AM »
Results so far:

Mixed.  I'm a bit frustrated concerning some of the results that I'm getting and I'm not sure if it is due to a design with linited application or not being able to control the installation.

I would encourage those of you with tem to disregard my installation instructions and try the Depot in any receptacle that you deem fit.  It should find great application on the circuit with computers and thos type of power supplies or near your TV, etc.

Move them around and let us all know.

:?

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2018, 05:05:55 PM »
OK.  This doesn't count.  Obvious spousal bias.

My wife says that with it plugged into the same receptacle as our Samsung 60" LED TV it has never looked better.  Blacker blacks; better edge definition (she said "everything just looks 'sharper') and more vibrant colors.

My 70 year old eyes have to agree.  I need to build another one for us to calm the appliances back down.

Live and learn.

YMMV... it's subjective as always.  :)
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline TrueAudio

• Seeking Help
« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2018, 06:21:19 PM »

Watch this video (Alan Maher on noise):  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRqPEOoO69U

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2018, 09:59:19 PM »

Watch this video (Alan Maher on noise):  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRqPEOoO69U

Wow...great video. Had no idea the extent of noise pollution from so many devides, and how about that $2,800 power cord.
I didn’t catch what device he was using to measure/hear the noise. Also, didn’t follow what he was saying about smart meters and transmission of microwaves.
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2018, 11:33:28 AM »
  Move it around for best results. Actually for me using on same circuit as sub panel for system now. Previously on branch circuit, go figure. BUY ONE.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

mauidan

« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2018, 10:01:30 PM »
As I told Dave, I couldn't measure any difference with my Entech Noise Sniffer when the BETABUSS was plugged in to a circuit across or below the breaker my system is on.

Based rollo's post, I plugged it in the same circuit my system is on.

I adjusted the Entech Noise Sniffer's Sensitivity until the display showed 100.

Turning the BETABUSS on, dropped the reading on the display to under 5.

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2018, 10:13:05 PM »
As I told Dave, I couldn't measure any difference with my Entech Noise Sniffer when the BETABUSS was plugged in to a circuit across or below the breaker my system is on.

Based rollo's post, I plugged it in the same circuit my system is on.

I adjusted the Entech Noise Sniffer's Sensitivity until the display showed 100.

Turning the BETABUSS on, dropped the reading on the display to under 5.
Thanks for checking in, Dan.

My results, only different.  On my opposite branch, I heard the 'fridge get noticeably quieter.  I was so curious I broke out my venerable (read as old, but still functioning... Like me) Audio ToolBox as well as my B&K 2250 sound level meter.  Both of them caught the running noise level at about -2dB relative to SPL without the Depot in place.  Doesn't sound like much, but that amounts to a 37% reduction in SPL. 

Gayle liked the Depot so much on the same receptacle with the TV, Direct TV receiver and DVD player that I'm having to build one for there (her).

Some systems or old ears will not hear the electrical noise reduction as a stark change.  Putting it on the same branch in a different location makes a distinct difference.  Even Dan's system that is treated with an Uber showed a sizable difference.  It started out VERY quiet with the Uber and got quieter with the Depot.  I'll take that  :thumb:
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe