Author Topic: (Sort of) New Speaker from SP Technology  (Read 19641 times)

Double Ugly

(Sort of) New Speaker from SP Technology
« on: July 19, 2007, 06:19:26 AM »
I know it isn't on their website yet (which is terribly outdated), but interested parties can click here for the latest on the new Timepiece Mini.

I was surprised to learn it isn't sealed, but apparently an interested retailer got wind of the project before it was finished and wanted ported speakers.  A sealed version may be in the works, but time will tell.

No one outside the SP Tech compound knows how they sound, but I'd wager that will soon change. 

« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 07:24:26 AM by Double Ugly »

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: (Sort of) New Speaker from SP Technology
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 07:00:50 AM »
No picture again, AC is blocking requests from AN domain. AA and DIYAudio are not blocked. I respect that decision, although it is unfortunate.

You can see it by manually opening a new browser, then pasting this into the Address field:
http://www.audiocircle.com/gallery/albums/userpics/11604/TP_Mini_Walnut.jpg

I am really looking forward to hearing SP speakers, at Bigfish8's house or RMAF, whichever comes first. ;) I would like to see fulfillment time improve a bit before I would order from SP.
Rich
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 07:28:02 AM by richidoo »

Double Ugly

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 07:27:09 AM »
No picture again, AC is blocking requests from AN domain.
http://www.audiocircle.com/gallery/albums/userpics/11604/TP_Mini_Walnut.jpg

Interesting.  As if we don't have the ability to save the picture to our computer and upload it anyway.   :?

Pretty petty IMHO.

Anyway, the picture should be visible now.

Speaking of which, you now have a new picture in your "DAC Off" gallery, Rich.  I couldn't figure out how to add a picture w/o putting it in one of the existing galleries under the "Category" pull-down menu .  As soon as I do - or as soon as you or someone else tells me how - I'll move it.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 07:31:31 AM by Double Ugly »

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 07:33:39 AM »
Yay! I can see it... looks nice! :)  Thanks for the download/upload, Jim.

I think AC does that to protect its users with a bit of security... and it's not a terribly bad idea in my opinion... It just isn't as convenient for our purposes.... It's all or none when sharing parts of your site from what I've seen.

-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 07:36:32 AM »
I can see it with IE6

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

Offline richidoo

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 07:38:40 AM »
Sorry, I got fooled, AA is blocked, just like AN. I had it in cache without realizing it. I did not test DIYAudio, but it is safe to assume it is blocked everywhere outside AC. Sorry for the Snafu in assuming only AN was blocked.

The pic is visible in Jims post because he put it into his own AN gallery.
Rich

Double Ugly

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 07:41:45 AM »
Yay! I can see it... looks nice! :)  Thanks for the download/upload, Jim.
You're welcome.  :D

I think AC does that to protect its users with a bit of security... and it's not a terribly bad idea in my opinion... It just isn't as convenient for our purposes.... It's all or none when sharing parts of your site from what I've seen.
If that's true, then I understand.  I guess the fact that I've only experienced blocking from photo-hosting sites led me to believe otherwise. 

But in light of your comments, it appears I have a lot to learn.  :?

-Jim

Double Ugly

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 07:42:38 AM »
The pic is visible in Jims post because he put it into his own AN gallery.

Nope.  It's visible because I put it in YOUR gallery.  :wink:

See my edited comments above.

-Jim

Offline Woodsyi

• Seeking Help
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 09:47:42 AM »
Hey guys,

I really don't think there is any animosity toward AN from the powers to be at AC.  I and many others surf both sites.   :beer:

I should have remembered that gallery blockage.  I now remember that I tried to link image of my system (in AC gallery) on Steve Hoffman site and couldn't do it.   :duh

Now, those are nice looking speakers at a very tempting price.  They also seem to be more sensitive than his other speakers....
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 09:58:35 AM by Woodsyi »
I am a nut.

WEEZ

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2007, 11:47:36 AM »
When Bob listed the specs, he indicated 87db sensitive. In an answer to a poster's question, he indicated 84db sensitive. Wonder which one it is....

Offline richidoo

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2007, 12:16:11 PM »
Rim, I agree, no harm meant from AC. That's why I was eager to apologize for making the error about AN being singled out. I just goofed.

Jim, you are tricky!! I'm glad you found a way.

Hey Carl how about some security on the gallery?  :rofl: 

I haven't even checked the gallery since the new gallery software was installed a couple months now?  I gotta go see....

Bigfish8

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2007, 12:17:25 PM »
When I spoke with Bob last week to obtain a status report on my Timepieces he told about the Minis and he was really excited about them.  After seeing it in the pictures I think it is a very attractive, small speaker and I look forward to reading comments about the performance.  If I fall in love with the sound of the Timepieces I really could see a pair of the minis serving rear duty in my HT System.  Problem is that I doubt the Denon 3806 AVR would do them any justice (even in the rear positions).  At any rate I hope Bob has great success with these speakers.

Ken

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2007, 04:47:21 PM »
Hey Carl how about some security on the gallery?  :rofl: 

I haven't even checked the gallery since the new gallery software was installed a couple months now?  I gotta go see....

:oops:  Sorry man... just haven't had the time to get it going... It's all paid for.. just need to work it out.
-Carl
I really enjoy listening to music.

opnly bafld

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2007, 05:33:48 PM »
Hope they sound good, I just ordered a pair tonight.

Lin :D
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 05:35:29 PM by opnly bafld »

lonewolfny42

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2007, 07:11:29 PM »
Hope they sound good, I just ordered a pair tonight.

Lin :D
Nice Lin....good luck with them. :beer:

I think this is a good speaker for Bob....many have never heard an SP Tech speaker...and at this price point, its a great deal....IMO.

Hope he sells a ton of them. 8)