Author Topic: Pioneer TZ-7  (Read 7412 times)

eleazar

Pioneer TZ-7
« on: June 26, 2010, 03:22:08 PM »
Bought them today can't find much info on them Pioneer TZ-7
From what I've seen they are kinda rare.......eleazar

eleazar

Re: Pioneer TZ-7
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 07:36:49 PM »
I found this posted with a pair that sold on ebay

The TZ speakers were engineered by Pioneer's Technical Audio Devices (TAD) Professional Loudspeaker Components Division in Long Beach, California. It was sold only in North America and only through select Pioneer Elite dealers. Pioneer's audio engineers spent a considerable amount of time in engineering this speaker to compete head to head with the best and most expensive speakers on the market. The TZ-7 featured two 8-inch woofers front and rear, a 2.56-inch cone mid-range and a 1.0- inch dome tweeter. The mid-range and tweeter employed newly developed ceramic carbon. The d'Appolito positioning of the tweeter (middle instead of top) allows a closer version of the "one point" source illusion and also helps smooth horizontal dispersion Cabinets measured 40.2 inches high, 12.6 inches wide and 14.2 inches deep. Each speaker is 77 lbs. Power rating is 50- 250 watts, speakers are a 4 ohm model. Speakers sound great…..very nice….can be bi-amped. Price on the TZ-7 LTD were $1800.00 new in 1990.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Pioneer TZ-7
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 06:56:46 AM »
Coolio enjoy !!

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.