Author Topic: TWL Spirit II  (Read 2704 times)

Offline dflee

• Obsessively Audiophilic
TWL Spirit II
« on: July 29, 2018, 12:39:15 PM »
Triode Wire Labs Spirit II Report
WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!
If you do not believe in cable break in, please have this cable sent directly to a friend to put at least thirty to forty hours on them prior to your listening with them. You will be glad you did.
This is my second Spirit II creating a full run from dac (new cable) to pre to amp and I feel that having the first set already in the system has shown me the dramatic change this cable goes through. This is the first cable I have ever put into my system and thought “what have I done”. Actually had thoughts of sending it back cause the sound was so off I didn’t think it could improve enough to my liking.
WELL, stuck with them and let the cd player repeat for five to six hours at a time (not running through the amp), off for a while then back on for a while. Did this for a week then sat back down for the proverbial critical listen and was blown away. Two reasons why, one- couldn’t believe the cable would change as much as it did and two- how incredible the sound is. There are a couple of artists I have the pleasure of listening to unmiked and when listening to their cd thought the voice difference was due to the recording. There was a slight tinge in the upper registry of the voice that disappeared with this cable for both male and female. There’s more weight and breadth and detail of the voice. There is a fuller sound in instruments but still maintain excellent detail. The overall sound has opened up with more articulation than ever before in my system. It's not very often you get both at the same time. The system has a more natural sound and I’m just enjoying the music so much more. Isn’t that what it’s supposed to be about?
Thank you Pete and crew for the excellent equipment.
Don Fleenor
"Enjoy pleasure, not because it is fleeting, but because it exists at all." Sacrament, Clive Barker.

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
Re: TWL Spirit II
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 02:50:01 PM »
Triode Wire Labs Spirit II Report
WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!
If you do not believe in cable break in, please have this cable sent directly to a friend to put at least thirty to forty hours on them prior to your listening with them. You will be glad you did.
This is my second Spirit II creating a full run from dac (new cable) to pre to amp and I feel that having the first set already in the system has shown me the dramatic change this cable goes through. This is the first cable I have ever put into my system and thought “what have I done”. Actually had thoughts of sending it back cause the sound was so off I didn’t think it could improve enough to my liking.
WELL, stuck with them and let the cd player repeat for five to six hours at a time (not running through the amp), off for a while then back on for a while. Did this for a week then sat back down for the proverbial critical listen and was blown away. Two reasons why, one- couldn’t believe the cable would change as much as it did and two- how incredible the sound is. There are a couple of artists I have the pleasure of listening to unmiked and when listening to their cd thought the voice difference was due to the recording. There was a slight tinge in the upper registry of the voice that disappeared with this cable for both male and female. There’s more weight and breadth and detail of the voice. There is a fuller sound in instruments but still maintain excellent detail. The overall sound has opened up with more articulation than ever before in my system. It's not very often you get both at the same time. The system has a more natural sound and I’m just enjoying the music so much more. Isn’t that what it’s supposed to be about?
Thank you Pete and crew for the excellent equipment.
Don Fleenor

Thanks, Dandy Don! I appreciate your kind accolades!

Na zdrowie,
Pete

www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS