Author Topic: Paul McCartney in Charlotte  (Read 5335 times)

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
Paul McCartney in Charlotte
« on: July 14, 2010, 06:41:56 AM »
I was  just looking at the Paul McCartney web site and saw that he is doing a show in Charlotte at the Time Warner Cable Arena two weeks from today (Wed, 7/28). Did any of you NC folks get tickets to this show? If not, you still have a chance. Much to my suprise even though tickets went on sale over a month ago there are still seats available in every price range except one. (When he did the shows in NYC last year they sold out three shows at Citifield, 50K + seats per show, in one day.)

Took my son to the Citifield show and it was without a doubt the best rock concert I have ever been to. First class sound (at an outdoor venue), absolutely amazing performance (unlike many of the aging rockers touring this summer, Paul can still sing), and what can you say about McCartney's catalog of music? Anyone who is even a minor Beatles/McCartney fan should make every effort not to miss this show.

Paul is now 68 years old, how many more chances will you get to see him? You'll really hate yourself is this ends up being his last tour and you pass it up.

Further deatails at: www.paulmccartney.com
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 06:54:47 AM by tmazz »
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
Re: Paul McCartney in Charlotte
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 06:50:45 AM »
Road trip!?   :shock:
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L

Offline tmazz

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 06:55:08 AM »

• Nola Boxers
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9

Offline richidoo

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 07:05:52 AM »
I'd rather buy the remastered Beatles recordings. But thanks for the heads up Tom!

lonewolfny42

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 08:06:20 PM »
I'd rather buy the remastered Beatles recordings. But thanks for the heads up Tom!

Rich...
You might pick up this release ....Paul's show in NYC....2CD's and DVD...a very nice package...good sound on the Cd's, an a excellent DVD. I really enjoyed it.... :thumb:

http://www.amazon.com/Good-Evening-York-City-Combo/dp/B002QH2NUA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1279162843&sr=1-1

(Plus....it's cheaper than a concert ticket.... :rofl:)

Offline richidoo

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 06:18:41 AM »
Thanks Chris!

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 08:57:56 AM »
I entertained the thought until I saw ticket prices: $500 for 2.  I'd rather spend that on records if I were feeling that spendy.   I know Paul needs it, being the starving artist that he is..  :roll:

I made this mistake before.. with Neil Diamond.. he just sounds like an old man singing.. which sucks because his (20+ year old) albums are awesome.  I would imagine Paul's voice isn't what it used to be either.. so it should be a lot cheaper to see him.  I have no history of enjoying (much) music as a child or teenager.  I didn't really get into music until my mid 20's... which was only 15+ years ago.

I'm all ears if someone that rocks with passion is coming to NC..

-C

I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline tmazz

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 09:40:07 AM »
Carl,

$250 a seat if you want to sit on the floor, but when I looked yesterday there were plenty of seats left in the $55 and $75 sections. Not as close to the stage but with the video shows they put up on the Jumbotron monitors you don't need to be up close to get a good view of the show any more. I sat in the upper deck of Citifield (the new home of the Mets) and didn't feel like I was missing a thing.

But I agree with you, if $500 a pair was my only option, I would have stayed home too.

And by the way, I would say that Paul's voice is 80 - 90% of what it was. I have seen a number of aging rocker shows over the past few years where the vocals were downright poor, but this was not one of them. During the whole show there was only a handful of times that he didn't have the range to hit a particular note, but he worked around it and if you didn't know where he was supposed to go, you might not even have noticed it.

• Nola Boxers
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9

Offline tmazz

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 10:23:39 AM »

Rich...
You might pick up this release ....Paul's show in NYC....2CD's and DVD...a very nice package...good sound on the Cd's, an a excellent DVD. I really enjoyed it.... :thumb:

http://www.amazon.com/Good-Evening-York-City-Combo/dp/B002QH2NUA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1279162843&sr=1-1

(Plus....it's cheaper than a concert ticket.... :rofl:)

Chris,

I have the DVD and found it somewhat disappointing. It is a well done DVD, but it just doesn't come close to conveying the raw energy and excitement that was flowing during the show. As good as it is musically and visually, watching it leaves me kind of flat emotionally. Had I not been there for the original performance I might have a different opinion.

Tom

• Nola Boxers
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9