Author Topic: Rogue Audio Sphinx  (Read 5698 times)

Offline Bunky

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Rogue Audio Sphinx
« on: May 04, 2013, 05:13:57 PM »
After eyeballing the AC thread on this Class D tube front end integrated I decided to order one in black with a remote out of sheer curiosity. it uses 12AU7's in the preamp section.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 05:16:52 PM by Bunky »
Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best.
-- Frank Zappa

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Rogue Audio Sphinx
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 06:01:09 AM »
So, is this up and running? How's it sound?
The best I've heard from RA is their 120 monoblocks... that was years ago.. and their preamps were not-so-great to my ear.
What's the basic specs?
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 07:42:21 AM »
  Cool. I likey tubes and class "D". I guess the tube is in the preamp side ? One never knows until one tries, hope it works out for you.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Bunky

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 02:31:21 PM »
So, is this up and running? How's it sound?
The best I've heard from RA is their 120 monoblocks... that was years ago.. and their preamps were not-so-great to my ear.
What's the basic specs?
Yeah Carl, I have been running it for a month straight.it came with JJ ECC802's in the front end  and I rolled in a pair of A grade Psvane 12AU7-T.the preamp section of the Sphinx sounds very detailed with a taut bottom end and a smooth ever so slightly warm side of neutral midrange presentation. the top end is clean and clear and matches well with my Dynaudio Esotar tweeters. the specs are 100 wpc @ 8 0hms with a dampening factor of 1000.
Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best.
-- Frank Zappa

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 04:08:46 PM »
Cool! Thanks.
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 06:22:32 AM »
Great news Bunky. Those Dyna tweeters are tough on amps, they expose all good and bad. . Good to hear. Enjoy !!!

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.