Author Topic: Innersound Kaya  (Read 13807 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Innersound Kaya
« on: April 17, 2007, 03:10:10 PM »
Heard a friend's Innersound Kaya today. Very interesting speakers. Large ESL panels on top and 2 woofers on the bottom. The room has very difficult acoustics, 18x19x8.5  #-o   and the speaker locations could be improved, but I could hear some promise in the mids and highs. ESLs are always beautiful and these were no different. We tried my Manley Snappers on the ESL panels and kept the Innersound bass amp on the woofers. The panels sounded great, especially with his Aries3>Manley Steelhead front end. The Ayre CDP sounded pretty good too! I'm not sure the Innersound bass amp and separate line preamp were helping in the transparency department though. Anybody familiar with Innersound?
Rich

shep

Innersound Kaya
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 03:18:08 PM »
you ever get the feeling you're all alone here and everybodys gone to the beach or to a party? Never heard of Inner Sound, except when I had my ears examined in a sound-proof cabin with ear-muffs. I like my speakers better! I ordered Grovers ic's. Hope they are as good as....

WEEZ

Innersound Kaya
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 03:26:43 PM »
Never heard of 'em. Pricey?

WEEZ

Offline richidoo

Innersound Kaya
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 04:07:41 PM »
Stereophile review in 2004 said $20k, but didn't read it yet. I saw another review online somewhere of a different model around 2500.

I think they could be made to sound $20k, based on what I heard today, at least compared to a Wilson or some other inflated brand. My friend bought them in NY when he heard them in a giant loft where they sounded great. I think they need some space, as they really stir up the room.

I have trouble remembering the name, too.

WEEZ

Innersound Kaya
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 05:09:23 PM »
Ouch. Out of my league... :oops:

btw, did you ever hear from Legacy?

WEEZ

Offline richidoo

Innersound Kaya
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 07:19:36 PM »
Quote from: "WEEZ"
btw, did you ever hear from Legacy?

Notchyet. I will keep you posted IF anything happens.  :D

Lethal Johnson

Innersound Kaya
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2007, 12:41:04 PM »
I demoed innersonds panels, the model before the Kaya.  They had a VERY narrow sweet spot, but in that sweetspot it had crazy imaging (like behind your head), and fidelity like mad.  I really like the transmission line woofers as well...very deep and clear.  Perhaps a good speaker for someone who plans on doing a lot of solo listening.

Offline Inscrutable

• Certifiable
Innersound Kaya
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2007, 07:29:05 PM »
I heard the Eros or Isis (whichever is the bigger one) at CES a couple years back. These may be the ultimate narcissistic speaker.  The smallest sweet spot I've heard.  Moved my head literally a couple inches and the whole thing collapsed and went to heck. It's all about the one person in the sweet spot.  While there, I heard incredible transparency and great imaging.  Best integration of a panel and woofer I've heard. Was my favorite room next to the Walker/Viva/Zingali.

Rich, if they are still there, the dealer across from the CharGrill on Hillsborough carries Innersound.

Offline richidoo

Innersound Kaya
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2007, 06:22:47 AM »
Hi Tim, you know I drove by that place just two nights ago, and saw the sign "Audio Repair" on a hole in the wall. Could that be it? I'll have to look more carefully next time I drive by.