Author Topic: When a dedicated electrical line just isn't enough....  (Read 10664 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: When a dedicated electrical line just isn't enough....
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2015, 04:30:21 PM »
Hey Scotty
Sad to say my Felix parts from the original AC group buy almost 10 years ago are still in the box.  :( 

I have really good power quality so I've not felt the need to look for solutions. I guess it does sound a little more laid back at night.

Thanks for reminding me about that. I'll see what's in there for parts and try to work it into something to try it out.

Offline _Scotty_

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • “Sic transit gloria mundi”
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2015, 05:47:52 PM »
I don't know if you have access to a scope but it is not impossible to look at the incoming AC and look for high frequency noise super-imposed on the 60Hz waveform. The HF noise will appear as fur on what is supposed to be a clean sine wave.
Scotty

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2015, 05:59:48 PM »
I'd need to make a resistor pad to put it into my sound card. That's a cool idea, thanks. I'll definitely look into trying that.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2015, 08:12:58 AM »
  To date every power conditioner tried had a sonic signature. The only exception is the PIAudio Uberbuss.
   That is why I took up the product line to sell. It adds nothing to the frequency range just eliminates, noise, grain and power loss.
    the Uber has a power correction and storage capability where there is no loss in dynamics. Dead quite as well.
     Try one in your system. I have two for demo.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline sleepyguy24

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2015, 06:33:54 PM »
Hey guys. I never got around to saying THANK YOU for chiming in on this thread. VERY informative as usual. Jim. Did you ever get a power conditioner that fit your needs?

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2015, 07:41:06 PM »
Not yet but I have my eye on one  8-[
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata