Author Topic: mikeeastman Mivera system  (Read 3075 times)

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
mikeeastman Mivera system
« on: January 29, 2018, 04:00:28 PM »
I noticed your system has lots of Mivera gear. Over at AC, I’ve been reading quite a bit about his amp.
Could you comment on each of the Mivera products? I know nothing about him or his products.
Thanks,
Nick
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline mikeeastman

• Seeking Help
Re: mikeeastman Mivera system
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 04:55:26 PM »
I've found his to stuff to be the best gear I've heard in my system. Haven't got a chance to listen to new amp and pre yet.
 As far as dealing with Mike he is absolutely OCD when it comes to customer service, he has spent hours on the phone or remotely connect to my computer working on a couple of problem I've had, problem not with his gear, but me being a complete computer idiot. He doesn't quit till it's right and your completely happy.
 As far as his prices they are a lot lower than they should be for the quality of his products in my opinion.
 Everything he has said about his products has been spot on. One of the thing that really sold me is when all that stuff started to come to clean up your USB connection I tried a bunch of it and it either did nothing or made my system sound worse, To quote one of the maker of an after market USB cable that that I test along with several other after market cables and could hear no difference between any of them and a $3 USB cable I had. " If equipment is designed and made right no after market fixes will have any good effects, but thankfully most equipment isn't design or made like that so I'll be in business for a long time"
I'm a real stickler for a quiet system, On mute vol all the way up system was dead quiet, but someone on another forum said that was not a good way to test quiet so I got a blank track and ran the same test and could now hear a slight hash if I laid my ear on the tweeter, tuned out it was a problem with my A/C once I fix that dead quiet.
His stuff up samples everything to 256 DSD and to disagree with no up sampling guys my ripped cds never sound so good which is one of the thing that really sold me.

Mivera PureMusic,  Serenity Acoustics Super 7s w/ upgraded xover and Neotech gold/silver wire for tweet and mids. DIY Neotech gold/silver wire speaker cables. PI UberPuerto

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 06:50:51 PM »
I've found his to stuff to be the best gear I've heard in my system. Haven't got a chance to listen to new amp and pre yet.
 As far as dealing with Mike he is absolutely OCD when it comes to customer service, he has spent hours on the phone or remotely connect to my computer working on a couple of problem I've had, problem not with his gear, but me being a complete computer idiot. He doesn't quit till it's right and your completely happy.
 As far as his prices they are a lot lower than they should be for the quality of his products in my opinion.
 Everything he has said about his products has been spot on. One of the thing that really sold me is when all that stuff started to come to clean up your USB connection I tried a bunch of it and it either did nothing or made my system sound worse, To quote one of the maker of an after market USB cable that that I test along with several other after market cables and could hear no difference between any of them and a $3 USB cable I had. " If equipment is designed and made right no after market fixes will have any good effects, but thankfully most equipment isn't design or made like that so I'll be in business for a long time"
I'm a real stickler for a quiet system, On mute vol all the way up system was dead quiet, but someone on another forum said that was not a good way to test quiet so I got a blank track and ran the same test and could now hear a slight hash if I laid my ear on the tweeter, tuned out it was a problem with my A/C once I fix that dead quiet.
His stuff up samples everything to 256 DSD and to disagree with no up sampling guys my ripped cds never sound so good which is one of the thing that really sold me.

Mivera has many followers, it appears, and they really love his products. I may well be getting a new amp, so the Mivera and Folsom are high on the list.....assuming I don’t find a very good integrated
Nick
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 09:38:26 AM »
   Just curious as to why you need the Dodd  tubed buffer. Lean or dry without it ? BTW good to see you posting here.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline mikeeastman

• Seeking Help
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 11:17:11 AM »
The buffer is acutely not in the system at this time, I plan on getting everything set up and burned in and then I will try it in this system, if it helps I'll keep it if not then I'll use it in my bedroom system, which I'm getting ready to redo.
Mivera PureMusic,  Serenity Acoustics Super 7s w/ upgraded xover and Neotech gold/silver wire for tweet and mids. DIY Neotech gold/silver wire speaker cables. PI UberPuerto

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 11:38:34 AM »
Good news. As good as Dodd's buffer is if needed something wrong with gear.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline mikeeastman

• Seeking Help
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 12:45:17 PM »
I have a balanced version based on his latest design, so what applies to his old design might not to the new one, will let you know when I try it out in my system.