Author Topic: New speakers  (Read 2748 times)

Offline jessearias

• Certifiable
New speakers
« on: February 23, 2017, 06:40:00 PM »
With AXPONA just around the corner by me, I am looking to test drive a set of new speakers.

Goldenear has their new Triton Reference which are getting some real nice reviews. I am also looking at Volti Audio's Rival. From what I have read, also very nice speakers

It is going to be a tough choice, but I am leaning towards the Triton, but I like the Volti sound. :D

Hopefully they will both be at AXPONA.  :thumb:
Parasound A21, Parasound JC2BP, Oppo 205 BR/SACD Disc Player, Marantz ST6000 Tuner, GoldenEar Triton 2 speakers and Supersub XXL, Triode Wire Labs interconnects, power cables and speaker wire, PI Audio Uber, Mini and Digibuss, Border Patrol DAC

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
Re: New speakers
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 08:22:04 PM »
I hope you get to hear the Voltis.

I heard a lot of good sound at the NY Audio Show last fall, but the Volti/Rossi/TWL room was the only place I heard music. In all of the other room I sat there listened to a song or two, and in many of them it sounded good, but I just listened and moved on. When I got to room with the Voltis I sat down and just got lost in the music, before I knew it IO had been sitting there for 45 minutes. IMHO it was the best room in the show, hands down. There may have been rooms that had "better" sound, but none of them delivered the musical experience that the Volti/Rossi/TWL setup did, and isn't that what it's all about?
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline jessearias

• Certifiable
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 02:51:13 PM »
Tmazz,

The Volti/TWL/Border Patrol room was the first room I went to at AXPONA last year and IMHO, it was the best sounding room as well. Those Volti Vittora's really sound nice.  :thumb:  I hope the Rivals sound as nice.  :D
Parasound A21, Parasound JC2BP, Oppo 205 BR/SACD Disc Player, Marantz ST6000 Tuner, GoldenEar Triton 2 speakers and Supersub XXL, Triode Wire Labs interconnects, power cables and speaker wire, PI Audio Uber, Mini and Digibuss, Border Patrol DAC

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 08:50:23 PM »
Tmazz,

The Volti/TWL/Border Patrol room was the first room I went to at AXPONA last year and IMHO, it was the best sounding room as well. Those Volti Vittora's really sound nice.  :thumb:  I hope the Rivals sound as nice.  :D

Hey Jesse,
The Rivals will be in full force at AXPONA... I spoke with Greg... told him you're a great guy & might be interested in the Rivals... he said he will provide you a very good deal...

We will see you in ~ 2 months!

Cheers,
Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline jessearias

• Certifiable
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 03:55:18 PM »
Thanks Pete! :thumb: