Author Topic: New speakers by Volti Audio  (Read 8378 times)

Offline jessearias

• Certifiable
New speakers by Volti Audio
« on: October 25, 2016, 09:17:50 AM »
I read that at one of the 2016 audio shows, Volti introduced a new speaker. Other than the mention in the show review, I have not heard much about them. I do not see anything on Volti's website mentioning them as well.  :( Anybody heard anything on them?  :?
Parasound A21, Parasound JC2BP, Oppo 205 BR/SACD Disc Player, Marantz ST6000 Tuner, GoldenEar Triton 2 speakers and Supersub XXL, Triode Wire Labs interconnects, power cables and speaker wire, PI Audio Uber, Mini and Digibuss, Border Patrol DAC

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
Re: New speakers by Volti Audio
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 02:10:12 PM »
a friend said they were so so
I did not hear them personally, but a trusted ear

I heard his two other pairs, and personally the version that is the copy of the Klipsch is the one to have, that sounds great
The other pair( I forget names) was OK...just ok
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 02:14:22 PM by topround »
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline James Edward

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 04:23:03 PM »
Hopefully Triode Pete will add to your question. He usually pairs with Volti at shows and has actually heard the line.
Luxman L- 590 AX MK2
Esoteric K-07X
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB
Audience Au24SE
PI Cat6
Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S
Stereo Hsu ULS-15 Mk2
Supra Classic 6.0

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 06:41:10 PM »
well since they pair together, he really can't say anything bad

that's just common sense....no?

The magic in the Volti lies in the big Klipsch copies, everyone knows that, but they are very expensive and very big, you could try one of his smaller offerings, but that is like buying a ferrari with a 4 cylinder engine, it just aint a ferrari. You could get a Mondial and tell everyone you own a ferrari , but its crap, sort of like the porsche 924 thing...

He made a great speaker, you have to buy that one, otherwise you will save some money on a cheaper speaker of his but the magic has left the building. You want a piece of that magic for less money, but it won't happen.
Wait for those Klipsch copies to become available used.

my 2 common cents
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 05:51:13 AM »
well since they pair together, he really can't say anything bad

that's just common sense....no?

Pete's a stand-up guy, Mike. He may not BASH a Volti product, but I'm sure he'd say which model speakers in the line rate above the others and why. To borrow your "common sense" comment, you can't expect any manufacturers less expensive models to compare to their $$$ flagship model. Then again, I agree with you to some degree about capturing the magic in a particular product... sometimes it doesn't trickle down to the other models.

Even more confusing is when a specific model, somewhere in the middle of a product range becomes THE model of choice because it somehow has that magic.

My 2 1/2’

SN
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 06:48:44 AM »
My comment meant that Pete is too much of a gentleman to say anything bad. And your not supposed to, that's how the arrangements work, in all businesses.
I would never disparage Pete, just stating the obvious.

And yes many , many times the most expensive product is not the best in a line up, just the most expensive, because some people have little pee pees and need to show off!

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 07:03:37 AM »
My comment meant that Pete is too much of a gentleman to say anything bad. And your not supposed to, that's how the arrangements work, in all businesses.
I would never disparage Pete, just stating the obvious.

And yes many , many times the most expensive product is not the best in a line up, just the most expensive, because some people have little pee pees and need to show off!

Well said, Mr. Topround!  :thumb:
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L

Offline jessearias

• Certifiable
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2016, 07:19:09 AM »
a friend said they were so so
I did not hear them personally, but a trusted ear

I heard his two other pairs, and personally the version that is the copy of the Klipsch is the one to have, that sounds great
The other pair( I forget names) was OK...just ok

From what I remember of the review, they say they sounded very nice. But the audio reviewers ALWAYS say something sounds nice. I have never seen a review that does a strait out bash on something.  :shock: Even though it might deserve it.  :shock:
Parasound A21, Parasound JC2BP, Oppo 205 BR/SACD Disc Player, Marantz ST6000 Tuner, GoldenEar Triton 2 speakers and Supersub XXL, Triode Wire Labs interconnects, power cables and speaker wire, PI Audio Uber, Mini and Digibuss, Border Patrol DAC

djdube525

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2016, 03:00:29 PM »
I have never seen a review that does a strait out bash on something.  :shock: Even though it might deserve it.  :shock:

Granted... not exactly the same thing, but Tyson and Pez's RMAF show reviews would typically include some brutal comments. Then again, they weren't in the review biz, so they could say it like they meant it...

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 04:01:07 PM »
I read that at one of the 2016 audio shows, Volti introduced a new speaker. Other than the mention in the show review, I have not heard much about them. I do not see anything on Volti's website mentioning them as well.  :( Anybody heard anything on them?  :?

OK, here's the scoop... Greg Roberts debuted the Volti "Rivals"
halfway through Capital AudioFest this past July. Within 20 minutes, they were sold! So, they really didn't sound that bad  Duh!...

Here is the latest & greatest from Greg Roberts (to be released during the upcoming New York Audio Show next week)... You heard it first here on Audio Nervosa!!!

Introducing A New Compact Horn Speaker From Volti Audio

Rival

Big Horn Speaker Performance In A Smaller Footprint

Volti Audio, makers of the highly acclaimed Volti Vittora horn loaded loudspeaker system, is proud to introduce the Volti Rival, a 3-way, horn-loaded loudspeaker that offers high sensitivity, wide bandwidth and superb cabinetry in a compact and affordable format.

Following in the tradition of all Volti Audio loudspeakers, the Rival is both highly sensitive and wide bandwidth - with a frequency response of 32Hz – 20Khz and a sensitivity of 100db/W enabling glorious, full range, tactile sound produced from as little as a handful of amplifier Watts.

Borrowing heavily from its larger and more expensive brother, the Rival uses many of the same internal components found in the Vittora, so the characteristic “Volti Sound” remains intact, but in a loudspeaker that is  1/3rd  the size and 1/3rd the cost of the Vittora system. 

The Rival offers the outstanding dynamic response that you expect from a horn loaded loudspeaker but with none of the colorations that are normally associated with horns.  The Rival, like the Vittora, accurately captures the timbre of real instruments with the same smoothness and great tone.

When listening to the Rival, you will experience pinpoint imaging in an expansive soundstage with dynamics and micro-dynamics that will make you believe there are singers and instrumentalist’s right in your room. The Rival conveys the characteristics that make live music compelling and engaging: the tone and timbre of instruments and voices, the drive and force of the tempos, the dynamic swings from soft to loud, and the intensity and excitement of a real live musical performance. 

Specs

•   15” high-power and high-sensitivity woofer – bass reflex configuration, ported
•   Wooden midrange horn with a known Tractrix flare, 2” throat, designed and built by Volti Audio
•   High quality 2” outlet midrange compression driver with a 3-1/2” phenolic diaphragm
•   Elliptical tweeter horn with a known Tractrix flare
•   High quality 1” compression tweeter driver
•   Custom made crossovers, high quality components, hand-wired , adjustable, final voicing done while comparing directly to a Vittora speaker
•   Bi-wire or Bi-amp at the input terminals

Electrical: 100db sensitivity
Amplifier Power: Min 3W/ch, max 100watt continuous
Bandwidth: 32Hz – 20kHz

Dimensions: 41-1/2” tall, 19” wide and 16” deep 
Weight: 125lbs/each

The Rival is room-friendly, and can be positioned against a wall, in a corner, or pulled out into the room.  It is front ported, which allows the greatest flexibility in placement, since the port does not rely on, nor is affected by walls behind or beside the speaker. 

Powerful and highly directional, the Rival is capable of filling a very large room, but will also work in an intimate, near-field setting. 

Adjustments to the crossovers allow the user to tailor the sound of the speaker to their system, room, or liking.  Easy rear-panel access allows you to insert various high quality resistors in an L-Pad configuration to attenuate the midrange and the tweeter.  By simply moving a wire, you can choose a softer or sharper upper midrange tone.  The tweeter capacitor is easily changed out to adjust the tone of the high frequencies.  Also, the port is tunable, by removing a plate, accessed through the port opening. 

Volti Audio offers custom upgrades for the Rival speakers, including feet/plinth and grill options, some of which are shown below

Attached, is the brochure, with a pic...
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2016, 06:07:29 PM »
order now and we'll throw in a free set of ginsu knives

Offline jessearias

• Certifiable
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2016, 09:30:14 AM »
I hope Greg has a pair at AXPONA next year so I can listen to them.  :)

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2016, 01:50:29 PM »
you should try to hear GT Audioworks speakers, you might be surprised.
Latest stuff is amazing, very creative, advanced technology, and 100 percent handmade drivers.

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2016, 04:01:33 PM »
you should try to hear GT Audioworks speakers, you might be surprised.
Latest stuff is amazing, very creative, advanced technology, and 100 percent handmade drivers.

and Topround will give you TWO sets of Ginzu knives!  :rofl:
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2016, 07:29:40 PM »
my advice is free( and worthless to some)  but the ginzu knives will cost you! :thumb:

so act now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!while supplies last
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 06:11:57 AM by topround »