Author Topic: dspMusik RevD demo units have arrived  (Read 3978 times)

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
dspMusik RevD demo units have arrived
« on: September 22, 2016, 06:25:08 PM »
The latest Danville Signal Processing dspMusik RevD systems have arrived for demos.  Will be testing it as a comparison against a RevC system in a customers system with VMPS RM50 speakers tomorrow. 

Next demo will be Saturday with a speaker mfg, then off to CO for demo's before and after RMAF2016. 

The latest version of Audio Weaver is installed on the HAL MS-3 Music Server demo system for listening trials with the RevD system.

The new system has 1- AKM AK5397 ADC and 4 - AK4495SEQ DAC's.  These replaced AKM AK5394 ADC and Wolfson Micro WM8742 DAC's.  The DSP is still the Analog Devices ADSP21479.  The system processing rate is 24bit/192KHz for all inputs and outputs. 

Offline KLH007

• Seeking Help
Re: dspMusik RevD demo units have arrived
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 12:29:31 PM »
Rich, Which version is Dave R auditioning?

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 01:10:36 PM »
KLH007,
He has the MS-3 with the dspMusik RevC as you heard at CAF2016 with the GT Audio Works GTA3-R speakers and servo subs.

I will not have a RevD available until after demos in CO and RMAF2016.  I can bring it to his place if the demo is after RMAF.  I should have both RevD units by then.  One goes in my system. 

Offline KLH007

• Seeking Help
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 08:18:40 PM »
RevD is still minimal phase I bet? Do you have any results in a comparison of sonics, RevC vs RevD? Dave got his HOLO Spring L3 Monday but hasn't had a chance to do any serious listening, plus it needs a little burn in. I'm hoping t make time to visit Chuck's with you Monday post RMAF, TBD.
       We should be able to have a great comparison day at Dave's post RMAF, I think I can get an AQUA LaScala III, and my Comet Plus in addition to your RevD  and the Spring L3.
See you in CO!

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 06:55:58 AM »
Yes the RevD is an all new ADC and DAC's with minimum phase filters and no linear phase processing anywhere in the digital crossover.

Sonics are even cleaner than RevC to me.  Will be interesting to hear at Chuck's.  Sounds very good to me with the Ono Audio PAKA speakers.

As I get the ribbons tweeters installed will be able to put it through it paces here as well.

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 04:15:54 PM »
Did the first in home demo for Dave yesterday with the MS-3 and dspMusik RevD system. 

To me the trial among the three DAC's in use was interesting.  The time spent listening to Dave's setup was very enjoyable and will be interested in his long term listening impressions. 

Sunday will be another in home demo with my MS-3 and dspMusik RevD system.  This will be in comparison again to a RevC unit already owned and been in the system for nearly 2 years.  This will be another fun demo.

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2016, 09:15:51 AM »
Setup the second dspMusik RevD demo system as a comparison to the RevC system in use and waiting on feedback.  The new ADC module has made a significant improvement for analog sources driving the crossover in my trials.

I now have available dspMusik RevD units as upgrades to folks with RevC units.  The upgrade cost is $1000.00 for the new unit with trade-in of the RevC.  This is a new motherboard and ADC module retrofitted into an existing chassis.

Full MS-3 and dspMusik RevD systems start at $2799.00 depending on SSD configuration.  This is fully preloaded with software and ready to play with the speaker system for multi-amping the speaker setup.  Can even be used as just a Music Server and HiRez DAC if that is the choice as was done at CAF2016 with excellent results.

There is now an Audiomatica CLIO Pocket system that can be sent to the user for measurements needed to measure the existing crossover for digital version development for the dspMusik.  First trial was with a pair of ACA built LS-9 line array speakers that now have four Bryston 7BST monoblocks powering them for biamping.  Outputs are also available for integrating multiple subwoofers with time delay for time aligning the system.

Please contact me for further information.