Author Topic: Personal reference loudspeaker - 15 years old and still going  (Read 1997 times)

Offline Response Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Build your system for yourself, not the critics
    • Purity Audio Design
The speakers below have been around since the mid 90's when Response Audio first started. These were the Response Audio Model 5 and were the largest of 4 models we had out at the time. This was the first pair of these I built and were used at home since day one. I think they are broken in as they probably have around 15,000+ hours on them :duh

I finally decided to bring them to the shop as I needed another reference speaker on hand. The speakers are a 3-way symmetrical WMTMW design using what I felt were the best drivers of the time and still hold their own. Given that the speakers and cabinets were done right the first time, I would venture to say these would still be competitive speakers.

1x 1" VIFA Silk Dome tweeter
2x 5" VIFA woofer for midrange
2x 8" VIFA coated paper woofer

30Hz - 22kHz
4 ohms
91.5 dB
13" W x 16" D x 53" H
100-lbs each

I think as time allows, the only upgrades I may perform are upgraded tweeters and crossover components.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 12:01:54 PM by Response Audio »
Design Engineer
Purity Audio Design www.PurityAudioDesign.com
Purity Foundation Streaming Pre, Foundation DAC, Purity Foundation Hybrid GaN 200, Pure Audio Project Trio 15 Classic, Sony SACD Player, Nakamichi tape deck,