Author Topic: Get Together at my place.... looking for convenient dates...  (Read 5228 times)

Offline hometheaterdoc

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Get Together at my place.... looking for convenient dates...
« on: February 01, 2010, 11:15:25 AM »
Guys,

More new stuff starting to show up post CES... plus stuff in here for trial.  I've got a couple things that I've tried at home now that didn't work out.  But enough stuff is arriving that I'd like folks to come have a listen and give your thoughts.

I may reveal specific new items as we get closer to the get together date.  But for now, it will be a mystery demo :)  I still need a couple weeks to get everything here and get it broken in properly.  So I'm thinking 3rd week or later of February.  What works for everyone?  One piece I have on its way to me now I may not be able to keep on loan that long.  So we'll see how it goes.  If I get it and hate it, it won't matter either way :)

Thoughts?

Shane Sangster
Used to be Night & Day Audio.......

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: Get Together at my place.... looking for convenient dates...
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 12:33:05 PM »
I'm flexible, just name the time...   ;)
Thanks Shane!

Offline stereofool

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 04:25:03 AM »
I can't do Feb 6, otherwise I should be good...unless something unexpected arises  :?.
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Offline hometheaterdoc

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 05:56:51 AM »
ok... a few more things have arrived... interesting first impressions.... some out of the park home runs... some still undecided.  Some total garbage that is going back before it sees the light of day....

I'm still waiting on a bunch of things.  Apparently the economy is not hurting some companies.  They're slower than cold molasses running uphill in the middle of January.  You'd think some companies would be anxious to get product in dealer hands.  Not so at all with some.  Talk about inefficiencies in the supply chain that could help their bottom line if addressed.  Also, some companies didn't see the bouncback and now are completely pre-sold out through May of *next* year.  At least with those I can understand the delay getting me demo models.  Not much sense in it given that I can't get my hands on products to sell for a while...

This should be a big meeting.  I may have to do it over a full weekend to fit it all in....
Shane Sangster

Bigfish8

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 07:15:44 AM »
Shane:

It is good news to hear that some companies in the audio business are doing well.  I bet you are having fun listening to the new gear. 

Ken

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 08:48:17 AM »
This should be a big meeting.  I may have to do it over a full weekend to fit it all in....

Cool.... wish I was close enough to join you guys.  :mrgreen:
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline Rob S.

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 09:40:35 AM »
Shane,
      Would love to hear some of your early impressions.  OR what was dreadful that you've sent back?

Rob s.
No new money spent on audio!!  but starting in 2012!!

Offline hometheaterdoc

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 08:02:36 AM »
Rob,

We'll talk at some point...  Some people's feelings get hurt and they threaten slander lawsuits when you don't think their piece is the greatest sounding thing you've ever heard.

Confirmed to arrive by mid-late next week is the new diamond alloy tweeter version of the Usher Tiny Dancer.  Still trying to get a pair of Mini 1s with Diamond tweeter.  The only Mini 2s with Diamond in country as well as the rest of the Mini 1 Diamonds are with reviewers right now.  Usher swears up and down that the backlog of supply will finally be resolved with the next order coming to the distributor.  I may have to bribe Ken with something to get him to loan me back his Mini 2s for the weekend so we can do a shootout with the other similarly priced speakers arriving next week as well. What's it gonna take, Ken? :)

Based on all the gear arriving next week and the need for some break in time, I'm thinking I need to hold off until  Saturday and/or Sunday, February 27th & 28th.  How does that work for everyone?

There will also be a bunch more stuff arriving in March..... but it's all backordered for now so I can't get it until then.  I think they'll be more than enough to have a meet this month and likely get together again next month or into April when the rest of it arrives...
Shane Sangster