Author Topic: Best Cables at the 2019 Capital AudioFest!  (Read 2322 times)

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
Best Cables at the 2019 Capital AudioFest!
« on: November 28, 2019, 08:08:53 AM »
Triode Wire Labs cable looms were featured in a crazy FIVE rooms at Capital AudioFest, Rooms 309 & 316 with my normal "partners in audio crime", Volti Audio, featuring their flagship "Vittora" (Room 316) & baby brother "Rival" (Room 309) loudspeakers and BorderPatrol Audio, featuring their acclaimed sublime Control Unit, 300B amplifiers and analogue sounding DACs! We will also featured Innuos music servers.

For a second time, we partnered with Daedalus Audio in Room 516. Lou featured his Muse/Studio speaker. BorderPatrol Audio provided their 300B amplifier and analogue sounding DAC! We also featured my personal Innuos music server (ZENith Mk. 3).

I teamed up again with another "partner in audio crime" Vinnie Rossi, in Room 528, along with Mark Sossa of Well Pleased AV. Vinnie had his new, beautiful L2i-SE integrated amp coupled with QLN Prestige Three SE loudspeakers and an Innuos Statement Music Server.

Finally, I'm also teamed up once again with Greg Takesh from GT Audio Works and Sound Insight's Steve Rabitz. We were in the huge Frederick Room again. Greg had his full range planar ribbon speakers with Pass Labs electronics, Esoteric K-01X SACD player and Basis Turntable.

I was given the following award from Audio Resurgence, after they heard the sound emanating from the above FIVE rooms...

Here's their summary of my cable performance...
https://audioresurgence.com/2019/11/qln-innuos-vinnie-rossi-and-triode-wire-labs-show-report-from-capital-audiofest-2019.html

An excerpt...
"Which brings me to a point that occurred to me as I was getting ready to wrap up for the day on Friday. It’s really tough to make a judgement on cable performance at an audio show, when pretty much everything you hear emanates from a combination of equipment that you’ve probably never heard before, and it’s all happening in a room that you know is far from ideal.

But I know from my many years’ experience with QLN speakers that they thrive and come alive only when fed by high quality components working synergistically with top quality cables. Yet I’ve had a lot of different high-end gear hooked-up to my QLN’s over the years and they’ve never delivered quite the same degree of sonic transparency that I heard at the show. That tells me everything I need to know about the electronics, and just as importantly, the wire. As far as my ears are concerned, the Triode Wire Labs’ cables imparted no sonic signature of their own on the sound of this system, and took nothing at all away. This impression was supported later in the show when I encountered other top performing systems with…. low and behold…. Triode Wire Labs’ cables.

So I’m dishing out my first award for a manufacturer at Capital Audiofest – and it was the easiest award decision I’ve had to make."

Thanks, AR!!!

Cheers,
Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Best Cables at the 2019 Capital AudioFest!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 10:04:44 AM »
Congratulations on the award!!
Nick
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline Folsom

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 10:29:30 AM »
That's awesome, congrats!

Offline dBe

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2019, 12:52:12 PM »
Happiness! :  :X :X :X

Offline Guy 13

• Audio should be simple !
Best Cables at the 2019 Capital AudioFest!
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2019, 01:06:10 PM »

Congratulations

Guy 13
Grace Digital Mondo RIT
Cambridge Mini sub 2.1
Schiit Fulla 2 DAC
Schiit SYS PCC
Sony Passive Bookshelf speakers
Lot more stuff on storage
prior to moving back to Canada.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2019, 07:46:38 PM »
........and it was the easiest award decision I’ve had to make."

Gee, that's exactly how I felt about buying them from the very first audition.

Kind of makes me feel good that the "golden ears" in the audio press are starting to say the same things that I have been saying for years.  :thumb:
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables