Author Topic: April 1st: Carl's DAC comparison get together...  (Read 42916 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: March 31st: Carl's DAC comparison get together...
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 04:37:15 AM »
If we meet on April 1st that would avoid CANfest conflict.

Offline Inscrutable

• Certifiable
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 04:45:10 AM »
Also would be much better for me, but I think Carl was just joking about April 1st and needs to do it Saturday.

Offline hometheaterdoc

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2012, 09:51:14 AM »
Carl, you know about my three contributions....  The PS Audio MKII kit arrived for the PWD... it's installed and breaking in now...   I'll run it 24/7 from here on out to get some time on it....

I'm officially at "I can't commit until the event itself for fear that i may be at a hospital at that time".  So I'll get some or all of these to you this week so you have them for the event, whenever it may be... 

Do you need longer cables so you don't have to try to stick stuff into the rack and climb behind it to hook/unhook?

Shane Sangster
Used to be Night & Day Audio.......

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 05:58:28 PM »
I can make it the 1st, not a problem.  I didn't realize anything else was going on... Just wasn't sure if anyone would take our results seriously since it was April fools.  :-P

So, I'll change this topic to reflect that it'll be on the 1st...  Probably early afternoon, 1:00 PM or so.  Will update shortly.

I'll get the DAC's from Shane Thursday this week.  Congrats and good luck with the baby and the wife, Shane!

-C

I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline stereofool

Re: April 1st: Carl's DAC comparison get together...
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2012, 05:03:51 PM »
I can come either day after all  :roll:. SO, whatever day it best for everyone...I will be there  8).

Turns out that my May 31 schedule is already booked too late, to be able to make it to Charlotte before they close  :(.
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Offline richidoo

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2012, 06:19:28 PM »
Steve, CANfest is March 31, not May 31.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/562582/3-31-12-canfest-iii-headphone-event-charlotte-nc-with-turntable-and-vinyl-show

Hopefully that means you can still hit it!

Offline stereofool

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2012, 03:02:58 AM »
DUH! I meant March...and unfortunately I'm already booked that Saturday...so I'm stuck in the office  :(.
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Bigfish8

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2012, 04:32:04 AM »
Hi Guys:

I just stopped by the site to see what is going on!  I would love to make it to Carl's, if nothing more, than to say hello to all of you guys.  We are going to the Eastern Shore next weekend and depending on what time we get back to Raleigh I might stop by for a hello.

Ken

Offline richidoo

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2012, 06:27:48 AM »
Hey Ken! That will be great. Looking forward to seeing you.

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2012, 07:34:08 AM »
Yay, Ken!  Would definitely be awesome to see you... Lots to hear here... be careful, the bug may bite. ;)

Shane dropped off a couple of DAC's this morning... I'll get them playing downstairs soon and get it all burning in.  I'm trying to get this fairly-well organized so we can actually hear everything.

Should be fun. :)

-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2012, 09:29:01 AM »
Carl, April 1st afternoon makes it a lot easier for me as well.   Let me know if you'd like to see/hear the Oracle DAC/Pre again.  Sounds like you've already got your hands full of DACs.

It'll be great to see everyone again!  Maybe Shane won't have yet entered into the realm of parenting quite yet... Everything changes then... far more need to sit and immerse yourself in music, far less chance of doing so :rofl:

Looking forward to it!

djdube525

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2012, 10:30:01 AM »
The EE MiniMax Plus came in on Tuesday. 

I kept missing the FedEx guy who needed a signature... why they kept trying to deliver after 8PM is beyond me.

Anyway... I'd be happy to drop it off after the weekend Carl.

Dave

Offline satfrat

• Dallas Cowboys,, America's Team!
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2012, 01:47:58 PM »
The EE MiniMax Plus came in on Tuesday. 

I kept missing the FedEx guy who needed a signature... why they kept trying to deliver after 8PM is beyond me.

Anyway... I'd be happy to drop it off after the weekend Carl.

Dave

I don't understand Fed-Ex's need for a signature delivery Dave. I have the slip right here clearly showing that I checked off the No Signature Required box as you had requested. Guess the bottom line is you received the Plus in 1 piece, all is good and I finally have some peace of mind in the matter. I hope you'll enjoy this EE Dac Plus in your system as much as I did in mine. Enjoy!  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin
Butler 3150 amps, Sunfire Theater Grand 4 processor, Mhdt Havana w/Vitamin Q cap bypass, HTPC, Empirical Off-Ramp 3 w/Ultraclock & Hynes PS, Odyssey Audio Lorelei's, Usher X-616's, Ridge Street Audio Poiema!!! IC/SC, BPT & UberBuss power conditioners

Offline Bill O'Connell

• http://www.morningstaraudio.com
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2012, 03:16:52 PM »
I know Carl is not a big lover of the Mullard tube, maybe he should get the DAC that has the OPA2107 dual with OPA627 singles rather than the OPA2604/OPA827 that I believe you have Dave.
 What do you think Robin? Will it be to much with that Mullard tube in there for the Health Freak aka 2.37 minute of fame guy? :rofl:
Bill O'Connell,
Retired /Morningstar Audio/Eastern Electric distributor for North America
847-255-1150
"If your playing more than 3 chords your just showing off"  John Lee Hooker

Offline Inscrutable

• Certifiable
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2012, 03:31:30 PM »
This is working out great. Cannot wait to check out the old new room and this stellar array of DACs. And of course re/connecting with more of the motley crew.

Mike, not sure I ever heard the Oracle over at Shane's so I for one would be interested, but as you say we already have an embarrassment of riches.

Perhaps it is stated above but in what form should we bring any music files ... Are we dumping to a computer regardless and playing from there?