Author Topic: 3D listening?  (Read 22674 times)

Offline Werd

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Return of the Hot Librarians 2016
3D listening?
« on: November 08, 2015, 06:23:38 AM »
Went to see the new Charlie Brown movie (3D) with my son. It was an easy sell by the kid since I love Charlie Brown. There was an interesting listening coalition between the 3D and how one hears. With eyes open glasses on it sounded much like the way it looked. It sounded more 3D. When I closed my eyes the sound collapsed back to the front of the theater. It made me wonder how much vision affects hearing?  At the end there was sound track music playing with 3D visuals playing along the movie credits. There was no change  between eyes open or closed unlike earlier. 
Nola Viper Reference iii, Nola Blue Thunder Subs, Chapter Couplet 400s, Chapter Prιcis 250 integrated set to pre, Bryston BDA2/BDP1.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline Bob in St. Louis

• Audio Neurotic
Re: 3D listening?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 11:44:56 AM »
Interesting. I've never seen a movie in 3D, but the "psycho-acoustic" aspect does make one wonder how much we think we hear versus what we really hear.
Turning the lights down makes music sound better, having attractive ambient lighting makes it sound better...etc..etc..etc...

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 06:49:03 AM »
  Get a used BSG QOL and have 3D sound field. BSG is out of business and so are previous dealers [ me ].
  I hate to look at mine since all dealers were cut off as they went direct sales. I cover it. :lol:  No I have none left and not looking to sell a thing.
   I just cannot remove it. The sound just collapses period.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 10:08:31 AM »
  Get a used BSG QOL and have 3D sound field. BSG is out of business and so are previous dealers [ me ].
  I hate to look at mine since all dealers were cut off as they went direct sales. I cover it. :lol:  No I have none left and not looking to sell a thing.

charles

Then add some Magic Tubes and get 4D

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 11:41:32 AM »

charles

I'd settle for some Double Ds.  :drool:  :yay2:  :drool:

Then add some Magic Tubes and get 4D

charles
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 12:14:57 PM »
   So would most really guys 4D baby..

charles